Studiolive 16.4.2

• Members

Yes, I did a search but didn't find this specific info.

Is there any way to save the saved scenes on something like a thumb drive? Then be able to use the scenes on another SL? Since the unit itself doesn't have a USB pot am I safe in guessing that it would need to be done through a computer on the firewire port if it's possible at all?

• Members

Yes, you could find the preset files and save them them transfer to another computer. It may not be completely straightforward or give you the results you're looking for. I don't believe you can just add information to an existing file. You may have to rename the file on the PC you're moving the new file to so as not to erase those settings then name it back later as I think they all exist in one file. This limitation may not make it worth it if you are looking to add scenes to scenes already in the mixer from another computer .

My experience with this is from doing a recommended backup procedure before updating to the new firmware. Presonus directed me to the file and had me copy it on my desk top "just in case" so if something went wrong it could be copied back to the original location.

Unfortunately, direct mixer to mixer transfers aren't possible.

• Members

I am a VERY new SL 1642 owner but I believe that you would be able to do this with VSL. If you open VSL and connect to the board you can "GET" the scenes that are saved on the board. You can also "PUT" scenes that you have on VSL to the internal memory on the board. So I would "GET" the scenes from board1 and then connect board2 and "PUT" the scene to that board. Should do what you want.

• Members

I am a VERY new SL 1642 owner but I believe that you would be able to do this with VSL. If you open VSL and connect to the board you can "GET" the scenes that are saved on the board. You can also "PUT" scenes that you have on VSL to the internal memory on the board. So I would "GET" the scenes from board1 and then connect board2 and "PUT" the scene to that board. Should do what you want.

Yes you are able to do this. Once you "Get" the files from the mixer and load them to the disk,.... Right click on the file name (at least on my Macbook Pro) and click "Open in Finder (Explorer for Windows)". Then I drag them to my desktop. They are XML files and yes,.. You can put them on a flash drive or email them. I have not gone further in the process than this. Not sure how to load the sent file to the other SL mixer.

I did this because of what Abzurd mentioned above. If/when I need to update the firmware,.. I'll have the scenes saved to my machine.

• Members

I will have to try this on Friday since the mixer and computer is in the trailer until then.

Sean or Carl,

I would like to send you a preset this weekend to see if you can get it to come up on your mixer. Would you be willing to try that?

We don't have another gig until NYE. 2 weekends off in a row ties our longest time off in 11 yrs. So, long story short, I likely won't have the mixer out of the trailer until NYE. .... sorry. If I happen to bring it into the house to work on some past recordings I'll let you know.

• Members

I will have to try this on Friday since the mixer and computer is in the trailer until then.

Sean or Carl,

I would like to send you a preset this weekend to see if you can get it to come up on your mixer. Would you be willing to try that?

You bet. ctpiowat@gmail.com

I'd love to try this,... I'll even send you my main scene and let you try to load it too.

• Members

Do you have the 24 channel? I will send you a scene for a 16 channel to try.

Yea, we have a 16 and a 24. My buddy that owns all the gear really wants to sell the Midas Venice that I use and get me on to the SL16. I've been resisting for a long time now but I'm finally giving in. We won't have the 24 out again until the 29th and I'll be using it for the first time the next night at the same venue. Trial by fire, LOL.

Shoot me the file and I'll try it out.

And just for good measure, some famous last words "What's the worst that could happen"......

• Members

Here's a scene I use. It's 16 channels. You have to rename it to .xml i guess.

Looked at the file and without knowing all the internal details about the hardware, it looks like the software is all 24channle version and the 16 channel version ignores everything that's not needed. This is pretty much standard stuff regarding the transfer of saved settings.

It also means that it would not be very difficult to develop an off-line editor application. In a matter of a few minutes, for exampe, I was able to change channel and aux parameters and save. Remember, I'm often accused of being a low tech Luddite, but I work with this sort of stuff under the hood as well.

Archived