Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Made in America

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made in America

Made in America http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php/kwidget/wid/0_04vzdsr5/uiconf_i
    http://LBPinc.com/di

Fantastic!

Comment

sweet!
      Jack of all trades....Master of none...

Comment

Frank, you wouldn't happen to have that list link handy, do you?
        Dale Christenson

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Dale Christenson</font><br><br><font size="1">Just remember that the individual is the smallest minority and liberalism is a disease of the mind.</font><br><br><font size="1">&quot;In the beginner's mind the possibilities are many, in the expert's mind they are few.&quot; - Author Unknown</font><br><br><font size="1">Look in the mirror for the answers to your problems</font></div>

Comment

We need to get more foks on board with this. My product is 100% made here in the US of A.

Thanks for posting!
          NSA - The only government agency that actually listens to what you have to say.

Comment

If only people could stop using Wal-Mart or at least insist they buy american again, we could get somewhere.

Good find getting that contractor that only uses American made materials. I try to buy American when I can. Getting harder all the time to find.
            Dale Christenson

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Dale Christenson</font><br><br><font size="1">Just remember that the individual is the smallest minority and liberalism is a disease of the mind.</font><br><br><font size="1">&quot;In the beginner's mind the possibilities are many, in the expert's mind they are few.&quot; - Author Unknown</font><br><br><font size="1">Look in the mirror for the answers to your problems</font></div>

Comment

I will gladly pay more for American made products, but suprisingly many US made goods are less expensive than Made in China products. For many products Asian manufacturing does not result in lower prices, just higher profits. Bose is a perfect example of that.

Comment

I will gladly pay more for American made products

Would you? Can someone post what an American made PA system would cost? I can tell you from my experience (because I get USA quotes on every product I build) that it would roughly run you triple for the same product. I understand the desire to do this ... but nobody is willing to pay up for consumer grade goods. I think if iPhones were $2000 each they'd be dead.

My other thought is I wonder if they are using USA made steel and USA made zinc coating for those USA made nails. In the electronics industry there simply are some components that are not available from domestic sources (in manufacturing quanitities)
                Don Boomer

Comment

Here is a link to the Made in America Building Supply "list" from the video

http://abcnews.go.com/images/Business/Made%20in%20America%20List.pdf
                  <div class="signaturecontainer"><b><i>Searchin for the sound..........</i></b></div>

Comment

So can you post a list of American made goods that are equal in value and performance but cost less than the same goods that include foreign parts and/or labor?

No. If you are really interested you can do your own leg work. But as an example, I recently needed an 8mm box wrench. The American made one at Lowe's was cheaper than the Chinese one at Home Depot. Another example - check out socks at K Mart. The American made ones are less expensive than the name brand Made in China ones.

Would you?

No I'm a liar!

I DO pay extra for American made products when I have the choice!

As far as pro audio, there are plenty of Made in USA products to choose from. Most recently I have purchased a Heil mic, a QSC amp and Whirlwind products made in USA.

Comment

We Canucks are facing many of the same issues.

Interesting to hear about Moen. I just purchased two Moen faucets for two of my bathrooms. It seems the Moen stuff is made in America but they apparently use imported and American goods - at least that's what the box said. Still and all, at least part of the manufacturing jobs are "local", and that's a start.

Comment

Yeah, but there are products made in Canada that can compete with the Chinese. Godin, makers of the Seagull and Simon and Patrick guitars is an example of a company that respects its employees enough to provide a living wage but they still produce a product that competes in quality and price with the Asian guitars.

It can be done when management isn't blinded by greed.

Comment

"....the American nails jam the nail gun far less often."

Is there an echo in here?

Comment

I bought a couple of american made pocket knives yesterday!
                            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="3">Dillybar 13 july 2008.<br />
                            &quot;I do not expect you to lift one of your lazy fingers to find the proof that I am right.&quot;</font></div>

Comment

Interesting to hear about Moen. I just purchased two Moen faucets for two of my bathrooms. It seems the Moen stuff is made in America but they apparently use imported and American goods - at least that's what the box said. Still and all, at least part of the manufacturing jobs are "local", and that's a start.

It can get complicated very quickly. I build a DI box. The major parts, the transformer and the machined cover are made in America and it is assembled in America, but the other parts, all supplied from the same US distributor come from 5 different countries.
                              There are only 5 other parts!

The box is interesting. It is from a US distributor, and a US company, but it is made in Taiwan.

As far as I know, the XLR connector I use (Panel mount, gold pin, non conductive shell) is not available from a US manufacturer.
                              http://LBPinc.com/di

Comment

Working...
                              X