Just scored a used Presonus 16.4.2.

• Members

Now I just need to learn how to use it.:facepalm::lol: I didn't get an owners manual and I'm not the most computer savvy guy so I may have some questions over the next few weeks. I spent about a half an hour messing around with it and I don't think the learning curve will be too steep.

• Members

Thought you had 2 other mixers ? anyway go sign up over on the Presonus forum

Use the Presonus pre-sales app they have if your using a PC and Windows OS.

The app they have, will check for compatibility with the mixer if your not using a their recommended

Mac Book Pro or Rain Live Book. BTW the Rain is PC Window OS design for specifically DAW application.

m

• Members

Mixer slut. :poke:

Actually i'm a gear slut. Twostone I have 4 mixers now. i traded a Mackie onyx 1640 in on the Presonus. I also own a soundcraft lx7ii-24 that is my main board right now. i bought a Peavey16 fx that will be used at guest ranch gig this summer and will stay at the ranch. I also have a Peavey PV10 that I use for rehearsals and take as a back-up board to some gigs. I may sell the soundcraft after i get use to the Presonus.

• Members

Well this is the slow time of year for construction work so I should have plenty of time to learn how to use it. Twostone thanks for the you tube link. The mixer came with a skb mixer case with a tray for a lap top.

Yea no probs Presonus suggest you spend a good 40 hours of time on it to learn your way around the mixer.

• Members

A large portion of the manual is a general sound reinforcement primer. Really you only need to print bits and pieces of the manual for reference. I carried the manual with me to shows for a year, but I think I only looked at it once. If you are familiar with mixers and what compressors, limiters, HPFs and parametrics are, then there really isn't much to trip you up.

• Members

MM what kind of laptop do have ? The mixer is very picky about what computer you use with it.

I actually don't own a lap top.:facepalm: I am running into a problem. For some reason I can't seem to get the effects to work. I watched some of the videos on you tube and still no luck. I guess tomorrow I will try and spend alot more time reading the manual and dicking around with the board.

• Members

I actually don't own a lap top.
:facepalm:
I am running into a problem. For some reason I can't seem to get the effects to work. I watched some of the videos on you tube and still no luck. I guess tomorrow I will try and spend alot more time reading the manual and dicking around with the board.

Did you turn the FX knob on the A and B effects?

Try that see if that helps.

• Members

I think you have to turn the effects on for the auxes with the LCD panel.

Do you know what firmware release you have?

i tried that with the little arrows pointing down. Still didn't work. The firmware is1.13 build 158. I think it is out dated. EDIT just looked at 6Imzadi's post with a link to the newest firmware. Does anyone know the name for the cable i will need to connect to a computer?

Archived