No announcement yet.

Just scored a used Presonus 16.4.2.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just scored a used Presonus 16.4.2.

Now I just need to learn how to use it. I didn't get an owners manual and I'm not the most computer savvy guy so I may have some questions over the next few weeks. I spent about a half an hour messing around with it and I don't think the learning curve will be too steep.

Download the owner's manual, it's important.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

Thought you had 2 other mixers ? anyway go sign up over on the Presonus forum
      Use the Presonus pre-sales app they have if your using a PC and Windows OS.
      The app they have, will check for compatibility with the mixer if your not using a their recommended
      Mac Book Pro or Rain Live Book. BTW the Rain is PC Window OS design for specifically DAW application.
      m

Comment

Mixer slut. oke:

https://www.facebook.com/JumpStartYourParty

Comment

Mixer slut. oke:

Actually i'm a gear slut. Twostone I have 4 mixers now. i traded a Mackie onyx 1640 in on the Presonus. I also own a soundcraft lx7ii-24 that is my main board right now. i bought a Peavey16 fx that will be used at guest ranch gig this summer and will stay at the ranch. I also have a Peavey PV10 that I use for rehearsals and take as a back-up board to some gigs. I may sell the soundcraft after i get use to the Presonus.

Comment

Manual:

http://www.presonus.com/media/manuals/presonus_studiolive16.4.2_manual_EN_1.pdf
            Chief fader ape, wire monkey, mic macaque, and speaker chimp.

Comment

Call me if you get stuck, buddy!
              DON'T BE ALARMED!!! REMAIN CALM!!!!!!!!!
              There's nothing to see here. It's another day in IDAHO!!!

My bands Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/stiff.richard

Comment

Call me if you get stuck, buddy!

Thanks, I might take you up on that.

Comment

Manual:

http://www.presonus.com/media/manuals/presonus_studiolive16.4.2_manual_EN_1.pdf

thanks for the link, i was just going to try and find it. Holy **************** the manual is 196 pages long! So much for making a print copy.

Comment

thanks for the link, i was just going to try and find it. Holy **************** the manual is 196 pages long! So much for making a print copy.

Make a print copy of the important sections and use a highlighter to focus on the important stuff.

And take notes.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Comment

This guy has made some SL mixer video training just be sure when setting up your channel gain use the LVL meter left of main L/R meter set to hoover at -15 dBu's

Comment

Double-check that the metering uses "full scale digital" throughout and there are no swapping around of units, or if there are (in the dynamics section perhaps), it's clearly understood.

Comment

Well this is the slow time of year for construction work so I should have plenty of time to learn how to use it. Twostone thanks for the you tube link. The mixer came with a skb mixer case with a tray for a lap top.

Comment

There are tons of videos of the StudioLive on youtube. Before I bought mine, I watched videos everyday for a week. By the time I got mine, I knew a lot about operating it.

Comment

Well this is the slow time of year for construction work so I should have plenty of time to learn how to use it. Twostone thanks for the you tube link. The mixer came with a skb mixer case with a tray for a lap top.

Yea no probs Presonus suggest you spend a good 40 hours of time on it to learn your way around the mixer.

Comment

Working...
                              X