Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally just bit the bullet and bought my new rig...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally just bit the bullet and bought my new rig...

After going back and forth the last couple of months debating whether to go active or passive, I finally narrowed it down pair of yorkville ls800p and a pair of ef500p for active, and a pair of SRX718S and a pair of SRX712m for passive. I would need amps also for the SRX's. I decided that they would be powered by Crown XTi4002's.

Well, I came across a deal I could not refuse. A guy had 4 SRX712M and he was asking $2600 for them. I pulled the ropes a little bit and he was willing to let them go for $2400. I bought the SRX718S brand new along with three XTi4002.

The subs and amps came in yesterday. The subs are more compact than I thought. The amps are pretty light too. Not quite as light as the Peavey IPR but still light. They do seem a lot more durable.

Anyway, with the built in DSP, would any of you recommend to use onboard crossover and EQ or would you recommend external crossover and EQ. I was thinking maybe a driverack PA plus.
    Tom's Gear:Sadowsky UV70 Sunburst Jazz, Custom Shortscale Jazz, Ampeg SVT-Classic, Ampeg SVT-210HE, Ampeg SVT-115E, and Ampeg BA-112 Combo.

PreSonus StudioLive 24.4.2; 4 JBL SRX712M; 2 JBL SRX718S; 3 Crown XTi4002 Power Amps

Tomis17, congratulations on your new gear. Looks like you've put together a very nice system. Enjoy.
    Veni, Vidi, Velcro;

(I came, I saw, I stuck around)

Comment

Use the XTI DSP. You paid for it, it works fine, and it takes less rack space. Also, since it is a Harman product, I expect you will find settings that work for your new speakers.

Comment

Congrats! The SRX subs are compact. We play a venue with a big stage and they have niches in the front of the stage where the house subs sit on the floor flush with the front of the stage. The club has two SRX718's and 2 of the Mackie HD 1801's. I realized after I set up my rig with 2 QSC HPR181's the other night I could get a good view of the different dimensions of each sub from out front. I was surprised how much larger the QSC's are than the Mackie's but the SRX's look tiny compared to both the others. It's amazing how compact they made that speaker and yet how great it sounds. Enjoy!
        http://www.partypushers.net

http://www.myspace.com/soulvillemusic

Yamaha 01v / JBL PRX612's / QSC HPR181i's / Mackies SRM 450's / Shure, Audix & Line 6 mics

Comment

Nice rig - I'm sure you will enjoy it! The XTI DSP is as good as a Driverack PA - no need for one of those.

Comment

Sounds like a killer rig,man!!! Congrats!!!

Comment

Nice job! I love my SRX rig. Aged posted some great presets for this exact rig a while back.

Comment

Nice man!!!

The wrong gear at the right price is still the wrong gear.

The right gear at the right price is sweeeeeet!!!

PA Unity15's over LS800p's. YX15's, YX12's IPR power, RM32AI

LightsMartin Minimac Profiles, Chauvet Intimidator Spot Duos, Blizzard 3NX, Fab5, Hotbox

Comment

Nice job! I love my SRX rig. Aged posted some great presets for this exact rig a while back.

I sure would like to find that thread. I would like to copy it to a word file.
                  Dale Christenson
                  Sound4U
                  A local sound provider serving Oklahoma and surrounding areas.
                  http://sound4u.co
                  Presonus: RM32ai mixer, CS18ai control surface, SL328ai speakers, SL16.4.2 mixer
                  Peavey: DTH S4 tops
                  JBL: SRX728 Subs
                  Driverack PA (for tops)
                  Driverack PA2 (for subs)

Comment

Very Nice! A good friend a forum poster Don Davis uses 4 712's over 4718's and the sound quality out of that system is amazing. I have a pair of 718's myself, great little subs and looking for some 712's.
                    I dont want to work, just beat on my drum all day!

Comment

I sure would like to find that thread. I would like to copy it to a word file.

I tried to find it myself but cant. Aged, any chance you can repost or bump the thread?
                      I dont want to work, just beat on my drum all day!

Comment

Here it is

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2788949-SRX-712M-Biamp-DSP-tunings&highlight=jbl+srx+712

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation guys! I was kind of doubting my decisions. These subs are indeed compact. I saw the UPS guy carry them (one at a time) from the truck to my doorstep and I thought "Man, that guy is strong!" When I unboxed it, I realized how light they were.

And thanks for the link to the post with the settings.
                          Tom's Gear:Sadowsky UV70 Sunburst Jazz, Custom Shortscale Jazz, Ampeg SVT-Classic, Ampeg SVT-210HE, Ampeg SVT-115E, and Ampeg BA-112 Combo.

PreSonus StudioLive 24.4.2; 4 JBL SRX712M; 2 JBL SRX718S; 3 Crown XTi4002 Power Amps

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation guys! I was kind of doubting my decisions. These subs are indeed compact. I saw the UPS guy carry them (one at a time) from the truck to my doorstep and I thought "Man, that guy is strong!" When I unboxed it, I realized how light they were.

And thanks for the link to the post with the settings.

Did you see the magnetic channel stickers for your StudioLive?

PA Unity15's over LS800p's. YX15's, YX12's IPR power, RM32AI

LightsMartin Minimac Profiles, Chauvet Intimidator Spot Duos, Blizzard 3NX, Fab5, Hotbox

Comment

Very Nice! A good friend a forum poster Don Davis uses 4 712's over 4718's and the sound quality out of that system is amazing. I have a pair of 718's myself, great little subs and looking for some 712's.

Hey Bob, I pulled the trigger and upgraded to 4 - 718's and they are the bomb! Used them in a 2000 seat theater this past Sunday and they rocked it.

Tomis17, thats going to be a very nice rig, congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X