processor 8 in/8out?

• Members

So I'm looking a rack mount system processor/rack equipment that has 8 in and 8 out. It doesn't necessarily need to have any crossover functionality. I basically want to EQ/delay/limit all of the channels individually. Anyone have any thoughts? This is for full-range monitors feeds and other matrix sends.

• Members

I stage managed a second stage at a festival where the SR guy was using one of these (or something similar by TC, IIRC) alongside a o1v96 to eq monitor mixes:

TC Electronic EQ-STATION-8

8 Channel Live Digital EQ

http://www.fullcompass.com/product/243925.html

It seemed like a slow, expensive solution (the powered speakers were all axys, FWIW), but smaller than the equivalent number of geq in a place where space was at a premium. He didn't have them inserted, BTW, but rather between the omni outs and the amps...

• Members

I have some Crown/BSS Prosys 8810 (discontinued, but still repairable) I'd considered putting into simular usage. I believe it has a variable hi/lo/band in there as well, great for monitors. With high pass on the monitor board and out board eq, I haven't managed to or felt it nesessary to implement it yet. Just curious though- how would you use delay on monitors and what would you delay each box to? I guess I could see delaying to FOH if it were far enough back, but delay to which side?

• Members

how would you use delay on monitors and what would you delay each box to?

You wouldn't use delay on monitors (other than alignment delay on individual components if the monitor was biamped). The OP indicated monitors weren't the only thing he wanted to process. For example, in addition to monitor mixes he might want to process sends to fill or delay speakers which would need delay

Archived