No announcement yet.

processor 8 in/8out?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• processor 8 in/8out?

So I'm looking a rack mount system processor/rack equipment that has 8 in and 8 out. It doesn't necessarily need to have any crossover functionality. I basically want to EQ/delay/limit all of the channels individually. Anyone have any thoughts? This is for full-range monitors feeds and other matrix sends.

Sennheiser G2 wireless, T1M Buffer, Korg Pitchblack, Boss LS2, Ernie Ball VP Jr, Line6 Verbzilla, MXR 10-Band EQ, Dunlop 535Q Wah, Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde, SBN Lil' Eagle, SBN BDAB, Tenwatt Rat clone, Barber Tonepress, Visual Sound H2O, Ernie Ball VP Jr, Eventide Timefactor

Carvin C750TS
    Alvarez RD8C

Quality deals with: hrcnsfan, TheCardiacKid, 95strat, stratguy23, stix 518, turnitto11, jonboy1974

Ashly makes one that is pretty well regarded.
    -

Comment

For channel inserts???

If so, it's kind of like a solution looking for a problem IMO.

IF you really need something like this, you might consider a Personus SL digital console. It also might be cheaper.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

Out of curiosity, what exactly are you trying to do?
        Chief fader ape, wire monkey, mic macaque, and speaker chimp.

Comment

I stage managed a second stage at a festival where the SR guy was using one of these (or something similar by TC, IIRC) alongside a o1v96 to eq monitor mixes:

TC Electronic EQ-STATION-8
          8 Channel Live Digital EQ
          http://www.fullcompass.com/product/243925.html

It seemed like a slow, expensive solution (the powered speakers were all axys, FWIW), but smaller than the equivalent number of geq in a place where space was at a premium. He didn't have them inserted, BTW, but rather between the omni outs and the amps...
          My Business: Media Production in the Texas Hill Country

Comment

Xilica XD8080, XP8080. Rane RPM88. Ashly NE8800. These are relatively inexpensive models. To be practical for your use would require a laptop, or better yet a tablet, with the GUI active all the time.
            Mike Pyle
            Audiopyle Sound Pro Audio & Stage Lighting
            www.audiopyle.com

Comment

Check out Klark Teknic Square One
              "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." - Hunter S. Thompson

Band promo shots on railroad tracks were cool in 1981...

Comment

I have some Crown/BSS Prosys 8810 (discontinued, but still repairable) I'd considered putting into simular usage. I believe it has a variable hi/lo/band in there as well, great for monitors. With high pass on the monitor board and out board eq, I haven't managed to or felt it nesessary to implement it yet. Just curious though- how would you use delay on monitors and what would you delay each box to? I guess I could see delaying to FOH if it were far enough back, but delay to which side?
                One more time kids; equalizers are not cross overs, vocal mics are not cymbal mics and pan knobs are not three position switches. As you were.

Comment

how would you use delay on monitors and what would you delay each box to?

You wouldn't use delay on monitors (other than alignment delay on individual components if the monitor was biamped). The OP indicated monitors weren't the only thing he wanted to process. For example, in addition to monitor mixes he might want to process sends to fill or delay speakers which would need delay

Comment

Ahh. Missed the "other matrix feeds" part of that post. Thanks.
                    One more time kids; equalizers are not cross overs, vocal mics are not cymbal mics and pan knobs are not three position switches. As you were.

Comment

Ahh. Missed the "other matrix feeds" part of that post. Thanks.

as did I
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

An Ashly Protea system would work well for this and sound pretty good, IMO. You would need a 4 channel main unit (4.24G) and a 4 channel slave (4.24S).

Comment

Working...
                        X