Sub out question

• Members

Right now I am running my mains through channel 1, and my subs through channel 2. I have the mains panned all the way to the left, and the subs all the way to the right. Is this the best way to run the subs or should I use an aux. out. Is there any sound difference running aux. out rather than just running main out?

• Members

Right now I am running my mains through channel 1, and my subs through channel 2. I have the mains panned all the way to the left, and the subs all the way to the right. Is this the best way to run the subs or should I use an aux. out. Is there any sound difference running aux. out rather than just running main out?

I read your post a few times and I'm still not sure what your saying but I'll take a guess.

You have powered or ? speakers with a crossover. Tops are fed from the left out of the mixer. Subs fed from the right out.

Right now as an example you take your bass guitar channel and pan it to the right feeding your subs?

Best way is same patching above but "Pan to Center" things you'll want to have in your subs and pan full left things that don't need to work in the sub range. Vocals,high toms, or?

There is for the most part in all signals I can think of High freq. content above sub range so pan to center your bass guitar. Bass drum. Lower toms. Keys etc.

Maybe you could explain your setup a little better?

Dookietwo

Archived