Shure PSM 400 Receiver Problem

• Members

My band uses Shure PSM 400 IEM's (X1 frequencies). We run 3 transmitters and 5 receivers.We are having a problem with one of the receivers. It cuts out constantly even when the transmitter is not being overdriven. One second you will hear the intended sound and then air sound and then silence then the intended sound and it repeats. This also happens when I change the frequency of the suspect receiver to receive from a different transmitter. The other 4 receivers work great, so I don't think it is the transmitter.

Is there an adjustment I can make to the unit or is this something I should send into Shure for repair?

• Members

Have you checked the squelch eating on that belt pack? I had one user try to adjust his unit without telling me and complained about it cutting in and out. When I finally looked at later, he had set his squelch too high and it messed up his reception.

• Members

Have you checked the squelch eating on that belt pack? I had one user try to adjust his unit without telling me and complained about it cutting in and out. When I finally looked at later, he had set his squelch too high and it messed up his reception.

How do you adjust the squelch? Do you open the receiver?

• Moderators

My band uses Shure PSM 400 IEM's (X1 frequencies). We run 3 transmitters and 5 receivers.We are having a problem with one of the receivers. It cuts out constantly even when the transmitter is not being overdriven. One second you will hear the intended sound and then air sound and then silence then the intended sound and it repeats. This also happens when I change the frequency of the suspect receiver to receive from a different transmitter. The other 4 receivers work great, so I don't think it is the transmitter.

Is there an adjustment I can make to the unit or is this something I should send into Shure for repair?

I thought the PSM400 has been discontinued due to the sale of the 700 MHz band. X1 frequencies?

:confused:

Terry D.

• Members

The X1 band is not illegal ... but it is in the STL band, a "pro only" band used by television for satellite transmission. There's a good chance that something is knocking you off the air

It's funny - after writing this, that also crossed my mind. I will check that out next week.

Archived