sunburn, bee stings, JBLs and Advil

• Members

I had one of those weekends, setup friday; stage, sound system and lights. this city event was big, a bit disorganized and not very well scheduled. whatever, you make it work.

I brought a knife to a, well,, a hatchet fight. 4 jbl 728s and 4 x 725 tops. 2 x RMX 4050hd on subs, 2 x Yamaha p7000 on tops. The weird thing is that I switched the parallel switch on each RMX to run the signal to both sides of the RMX but the subs were out of phase. cables good. without taking the panel off the JBL subs I went to a TRS to XLRm and it was good. Hmmm??

the system ran well. the tops way outran the subs. The headliner ME complained about the system saying it was too small. Same system they've played on a few times at another venue that my friend runs.. it could have been about 3-4 feet taller after people crammed into my stage and stacks.

The presonus worked wel and provided clean mixes. Its really hard to see the LED

ladders in the daylight and tough to see tghe printed stuff at night.

Arrived at 9am. headliner went on at 9pm.

got stung by a bee. lost one cheap talkback mic. Someone "traded" out their crap 17" crash cymbal that was cracked for my decent, albeit cheap Zildjian crash.

I had nice mixes on the other 5 bands, including a national who's sound guy went to the Eagles. the headliner was fantastic, but the ME ran everything into clipping, including my rig. ..think tube screamer on the LVocs.

bed at 4:30am.

got another one Saturday:) too old for this:cry:

• Members

Hey man, check the switches on the RMX again. Could be that you were in bridge mode also, which inverts the polarity of the second channel. Would explain it. Could be bad wiring from the factory as well, but would be odd if it was on both amps.

• Members

Glad you made it through.

Just the other day I had an 0700h start with the "headliner" starting at 2200h. It's hard to be fresh when the sh*t hits the fan so late in the day. Still mine was indoors and no bee sting, so I'll count myself lucky.

Interesting comment about those Presonus boards. I had a real close look and demo with one. I thought about all the outdoor day and night gigs coupled with my tired old eyes, and realized I would have to pass.

Archived