StudioLive 16.4.2 delay rate/tempo/ clock control

• Members

Hi,

I really like the StudioLive. I checked it yesterday in store, this board has an amazing quality and sound.

I would like to sync outboard effect processors ( as stand-alone guitar modelling box ) with StudioLive.

StudioLive is supplied with software which replicates settings in StudioLive, may be it is possible to configure to send tempo out?

Thanks!

• Members

Not on the 16.4.2 or 24.4.2. You MIGHT be able to get the tap tempo out of the 16.0.2 over midi, but I don't know for sure what they've implemented besides scene recall and levels over midi on the 16.0.2. It's probably in the manual.

• Members

Can't do it with VSL mixer but can with the Studio One mixer which you'll need some type of usb/midi device to make it work just keep in mind the usb/midi device will be hooked up to the same computer that the SL mixer is using and you will have to re-route the i/o in S1 to send the audio of the usb/midi device through the SL mixer.

• Members

Twostone, either you or I have misunderstood his question.

I read that as he wants to get tempo information (ie. the tap tempo for the FX Units in the SL) to feed to the tempo parameter of an guitar modeler. If I'm right, your suggestions have no bearing on this, as I think you're interpreting the question as an audio path problem. Neither the 16.4.2 or 24.4.2 have ANY external mechanism to get the tap tempo from the desk to the outside world, and while the 16.0.2. has MIDI out, he'd need to ensure that the tempo bit is indeed supported over the 16.0.2's midi implementation, and if it is, I couldn't find any mention of it in the manual You can control output levels, FXA&B return levels, and scene recalls.

• Members

Thanks for replies, much appreciated.

May be I can route midi out from provided software using USB -MIDI adapter?

Not if it doesn't send the tempo information out via MIDI, which is what LewnWorx was talking about.

I just looked over the manual and I don't see where it talks about sending any information out over the MIDI output. It talks about using other controllers to control the StudioLive, but not vice versa. It's got a "MIDI Out" jack, but there's no mention of it in the manual - perhaps it's merely a "MIDI Thru" port.

-Dan.

• Members

Not on the 16.4.2 or 24.4.2. You
MIGHT
be able to get the tap tempo out of the 16.0.2 over midi, but I don't know for sure what they've implemented besides scene recall and levels over midi on the 16.0.2. It's probably in the manual.

That I found in page 5 of 16.0.2 manual

"MIDI control over: Scene and FX Recall, FX to Main assign,

Main Output, FX Return Level, and Tap Tempo"

• Members

That I found in page 5 of 16.0.2 manual

"MIDI control over: Scene and FX Recall, FX to Main assign,

Main Output, FX Return Level, and Tap Tempo"

That's input to the SL, not output from it. I could find no mention in the manual of outputting MIDI.

-Dan.

• Members

That's input to the SL, not output from it. I could find no mention in the manual of outputting MIDI.

-Dan.

Thanks Dan.

In my setup it is possible to generate midi tempo from external MIDI enabled devices, which are in turn controlled by foot pedal.

So chain of would be: foot pedal->instrument with MIDI clock out->16.4.2 StudioOne ( if there is a way to set it up )

Archived