Single speaker all-in-one PA with Lavalier microphone?

• Members

Do any of you know of any single speaker all-in-one PA systems with lavalier microphone that includes a lavalier mic for vocal and 1-2 inputs for instruments (acoustic guitar or keyboard)?

The only ones I've found are:

Nady WA 120

Apollo PA-6000 or PA-6000N

Pyle PWMA260

Pyle PWMA370

Pyle PWMA890UI

Pyle PWMA1090UI

Any opinions on these?

• Members

My opinion is that all of these are a waste of time and money and just plain junk...

What is it that you are trying to cover with one of these?

Maybe there is a much better option if you give us more details on what you are trying to do..

• Members

A couple of questions...

What is the system going to be used for (what kind of music, how many people in the audience, how big is the room)?

What is your "real" budget?

Personally, every unit suggested would be pretty much useless unless this is for a very small group at a retirement home or someplace that all people will be extremely close to the performer/speaker. I can tell you to run away from the Nady as fast as you possibly can. It is an extremely poor quality system. The Apollo was discontinued a couple of years ago so they will be hard to find. The reason it was discontinued? My guess is because it was a very low quality, cheap unit. In my opinion Pyle should be spelled Pile (as in Pile of S#1t). If that is you budget and that is all you need then Pyle is the way to go.

For a little more money you can get a small powered speaker and a small mixer. That will probably give you the best sound and allow you to be heard. That is where you "real" budget comes in.

A small 10" or 12" full range speaker with a small mixer will be the best bet. Once we see a budget we can narrow down the choices.

• Members

We have been using the Apollo, but lost the lavalier mic.

It is used for a youth group, so mainly for one vocal with the lavalier and one acoustic guitar or keyboard. At times, both will be used.

Looking for a grab and go box with lavalier mic.

Getting a small PA system would require mic cable, mic, mic stand, or a separate lavalier system.

• Members

Did you lose the mic and the belt pack? What is your budget? Has the Apollo been adequate for your needs or were their issues with it?

You can get wireless lav mics that are not sold with a kit. Maybe just a new mic will do the trick.

http://www.camcor.com/cat/Audio-Technica-PRO-88-Wireless-Lavalier-Microphone-System-Freq-171-105-171-905-Mhz-W88-68-829.html

Look at photo and video sites. Lots of options for wireless lav mic to connect to video cameras.

• Members

We lost the belt pack and mic. It has been adequate, but we would like a system slightly louder. Maybe the large Pyle systems will do the trick? Budget is flexible, but I haven't found any higher end systems.

Those systems are dying off because they can't compete with a decent powered cab. You can get a powered speaker with two inputs and a wireless lav that will sound much better than what you are using. You can get a powered speaker with a carry bag that can hold the wireless stuff so it will always have a place for storage. Another thought would be to get the speaker off the ground. Getting it at or slightly above ear height will make a huge difference in how it is heard. On the floor, the sound is directed at the knees of the audience.

• Members

Roland makes the BA-55, which has a handheld wireless mic, not lavalier, can be battery operated, $900. B&H Photo has a bunch of systems like you're looking for, some in the $2,000+ price range, like the Amplivox systems.

• Members

They are dying off because they are generally crap (at least the products you mention).

If you are willing to spend (quite a bit) more, there are options by Anchor Audio (only one wired mic channel in addition to 2 wireless channels), Roland, etc.

How about something like a yamaha EXR-12 and a simple wireless system like the Audio Technica 2000 series? That would be a heck of a step up and looks like it has the features you are looking for.

Archived