Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

midiverb 4 vs lexicon mx200?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• midiverb 4 vs lexicon mx200?

Which sounds better for vocals as reverb? I find prices are similar.

I find the convenience and simplicity of the MV-4 to be the driving factor, and some of the verbs sound quite good. Not as lush as some of the Mex verbs but maybe more useable live.

Comment

having been pretty blown away with the price vs performance of the lexicon i just bought, i'd have to recomend it. i have not used a midiverb4 in a really long time and have forgotten how simple it might be, but the lexicon has the three main controls you'll ever need, as hardwired knobs on the front. plus, the ability to stack effects or run two totally separate ones. if you do get the lexicon, take the time to set up presets, and read the manual. its very intuitive but there are acronyms that mean stuff that could be quite important at times.

Comment

I've never been able to get a good sound out of a MV4, though I heard one once - guy said it took a lot of work.

Some of the Lexicons don't go 100% wet, which sometimes compromises the sound.

The cheap TCs are nice, though I don't like being locked into one verb and one FX - I often prefer two verbs.

The old Yamaha Rev7 sounds pretty decent, as does the Rev500 (which is very easy to use).

My favorite is the Kurzweil Rumor, but it's a single engine, and hard to find for under $400 used.

Comment

I've never been able to get a good sound out of a MV4, though I heard one once - guy said it took a lot of work.

Some of the Lexicons don't go 100% wet, which sometimes compromises the sound.

The cheap TCs are nice, though I don't like being locked into one verb and one FX - I often prefer two verbs.

The old Yamaha Rev7 sounds pretty decent, as does the Rev500 (which is very easy to use).

My favorite is the Kurzweil Rumor, but it's a single engine, and hard to find for under $400 used.

+1. Exactly
          With Greater Knowledge Comes Greater Understanding

Comment

Working...
          X