midiverb 4 vs lexicon mx200?

• Members

having been pretty blown away with the price vs performance of the lexicon i just bought, i'd have to recomend it. i have not used a midiverb4 in a really long time and have forgotten how simple it might be, but the lexicon has the three main controls you'll ever need, as hardwired knobs on the front. plus, the ability to stack effects or run two totally separate ones. if you do get the lexicon, take the time to set up presets, and read the manual. its very intuitive but there are acronyms that mean stuff that could be quite important at times.

• Members

I've never been able to get a good sound out of a MV4, though I heard one once - guy said it took a lot of work.

Some of the Lexicons don't go 100% wet, which sometimes compromises the sound.

The cheap TCs are nice, though I don't like being locked into one verb and one FX - I often prefer two verbs.

The old Yamaha Rev7 sounds pretty decent, as does the Rev500 (which is very easy to use).

My favorite is the Kurzweil Rumor, but it's a single engine, and hard to find for under $400 used.

• Members

I've never been able to get a good sound out of a MV4, though I heard one once - guy said it took a lot of work.

Some of the Lexicons don't go 100% wet, which sometimes compromises the sound.

The cheap TCs are nice, though I don't like being locked into one verb and one FX - I often prefer two verbs.

The old Yamaha Rev7 sounds pretty decent, as does the Rev500 (which is very easy to use).

My favorite is the Kurzweil Rumor, but it's a single engine, and hard to find for under $400 used.

+1. Exactly

Archived