Install labor

• Members

Hey got a chance to install a small P.A. in the football field of one of the local schools here , and i was wondering what some would charge for the labor and how you charge for it. They are not worried about the quality of sound or nothing so that isn't a factor at all just something to talk through and maybe play a cd or something nothing big. compared to what they have used for many , many years it will be a bigger system than they have ever had. I was just curious as to what someone would charge and how they charge for it. ( by the hour, Straight fee) ? thanks.

• Members

Who is supplying the sound system?

Do you have the relevant tools to do the job correctly? Can you do the job correctly on your own or do you need staff?

What does the job require, flying the system, power, cable routing?

Have you quoted the job at all or mentioned pricing?

Charge what you have to charge.

Do it properly once, others will see your work.

• Members

Who is supplying the sound system?

Do you have the relevant tools to do the job correctly? Can you do the job correctly on your own or do you need staff?

What does the job require, flying the system, power, cable routing?

Have you quoted the job at all or mentioned pricing?

Charge what you have to charge.

Do it properly once, others will see your work.

I am going to put the speakers on some wall mounts on the sides of the walls on the outside, they are wanting them to where they can take them off and put them on the mounts at every game. It shouldn't be too hard to route the cables i haven't quoted them a price on the labor just the equipment. I told them i wouldn't know the labor cost until everything was working properly. I have the tools. I can do it on my own. just didn't know what to charge or how others charge for those type services. They are going to buy the system they just wanted me to figure them out one and then install it for them.

Archived