Well at least 2 fans showed up!

• Members

Did a gym gig last night. While walking through the door the event provider said " I had to put 2 fans on the stage to keep things cool" No problem I thought. This is what I found. Yes they were on all night.

Fun show all the same but the screeming Fans were kind of loud. :facepalm:

Anyone else run into something like this?

Dookietwo

• Members

theres a monthly party i do out here in sf bay for all the local furries, so we put good fans on the dancefloor since half the crowd is in mascot style suits..and one we tried seriously sounded like one of those old tree shredders, high rpm piercing midrange that you could hear over four community cs series tops and eight fifteen inch subs..sent it back and found a quieter model that flowed almost as much air.

• Members

wow, the monitors are a long way away from the vocalists!

Not really. The fans are 4 feet high so it messes with the scale of the photo.

I had 4 mixes for the band.

1 mix was the 2 yamaha monitors on the subs for lead vocalist.

2nd mix was stage right for the guitar player. A qsc K12 on a tripod.

3rd mix was another K12 stage left for the bass player.

And a 4th for the drummer. 2 monitors.

The qsc K12 you can see stage right was about 3/4 feet from the guitar player ear. Even a little less for the bass player.

After the first sound check song they had me turn them down quite a bit. Controled stage volume was a big part of that.

Dookietwo

• Members

Been there a few times. 4 weddings at the Franklin Park Conservatory "Palm House" .... giant green house (no air and humid as hell). Several outdoor weddings and most recently a wedding at a church turned concert hall circa 1898 with the air out in the sanctuary which is the main room. 5 fans on stage for that one but it was little help.

• Members

That's some serious CFM!

So what is that tiny fan DS of the big one, a booster :-)?

I noticed a music stand on SR I can just see it sucking the music off the stand and shredding it out over the crowd. In a more depraved vision, I can see it sucking the bass player off the stage and sherdding them out over the crowd (but that's just my dark side shining through :-).

VERY COOL (pun intended)!!!

Archived