Price range for decent/good in ear monitors for rehearsals

• Members

Hello,

I play in a metal band with 2 singers, 2 guitars, 1 bass, 1 drummer + backing track (we play on click).

We've been rehearsing for some time in a ridiculously tiny garage and altrough we don't play that loud, it's pretty much impossible to hear anything in there. We're thinking about playing with headphones. The thing is, can't all spend that much on them. Some of us are still students, other have been out of job for years. The drummer already has a fine pair. What would be the minimal price for decent headphones that would make able to work until every one can afford better stuff ? I've seen the Shure SE215-CL but couldn't really find any review of them. And what would be a good choice for someone who can spend a reasonable amount of money on them ?

• Members

I do own a pair of m50 for home studio and they are great but it definitly wouldn't be usuable for rehearsing, especially considering the small room size.

In-ear buds aren't much better unless you spend a lot of money on custom molded ones. I'd suggest you try the m50s at your rehearsal and see how they work; you'll find that you don't need a ton of isolation, because I was in exactly the same boat.

That is, of course, unless you're hell-bent on spending money that you don't need to spend.

Archived