Are Powered Subwoofers (1000 Watts, 1x18") powerful enough

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by bigfatskinny

View Post

For small clubs......(300 people)???

Powerful enough to do what? Be heard, provide chest thumping kick, cover a small dance floor, withstand people dancing on it? The subwoofer's manufacturer, model number, purpose of purchase (is it a replacement....), and typical style of music and deployment should be provided.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Shaster

View Post

Powerful enough to do what? Be heard, provide chest thumping kick, cover a small dance floor, withstand people dancing on it? The subwoofer's manufacturer, model number, purpose of purchase (is it a replacement....), and typical style of music and deployment should be provided.

and a budget

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Shaster

View Post

provide chest thumping kick

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bigfatskinny

View Post

provide chest thumping kick

Yorkville LS801P's would work for that. I have no personal experience with the 618's. As to the QSC's, I could be way off base but maybe they're almost too refined - if that's the right word. That's been my impression anyway.

• Members

Electronic dance music? 300? No. Start looking at dual 18s and not crazy power. If you're DJing a high school dance a pair of qsc's will do fine. If its at an old warehouse and there's a $20 cover then no, you should be looking at a pair of dual 18's powered at or below RMS (EDM is usually played so loud it causes ED). Hope that helps.

Archived