X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celestion SR1 Mk2 info.....

I'm wondering if anybody has experience or thoughts on these speakers. I'd been gigging solo for almost 25 years and stopped a while back, getting rid of my gear. I'm currently making purchases to get back at it and found a pair of these at a decent price.

Any "reviews" would be appreciated. One issue in particular is that I'm wondering how power hungry they are? I'm strictly acoustic.....two Audix condensors for guitar and voice, no plug in for me!

<div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;the key to travelin' light is to not need very much&quot;<br><br><br><br><br><br>Mcknight Highlander OM - Osage Orange/'59 Sitka<br><br><br><br>Cordoba C9 - Mahogany/Cedar</div>

I sold an old pair of those with the matching subs. They were "just ok" but there is MUCH better available out there for very little additional cost. The high end was pretty gnarly sounding.

Comment

Thanks.....definitely don't need anything "gnarly"!!!
      <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;the key to travelin' light is to not need very much&quot;<br><br><br><br><br><br>Mcknight Highlander OM - Osage Orange/'59 Sitka<br><br><br><br>Cordoba C9 - Mahogany/Cedar</div>

Comment

Those cabinets have to be ~20 years old too.

Comment

I could have picked them up locally with stands, bags, covers and the controller for less than 300.00. Supposedly been used twice and the look VERY clean. That's what had my attention.

Comment

I could have picked them up locally with stands, bags, covers and the controller for less than 300.00. Supposedly been used twice and the look VERY clean. That's what had my attention.

Maybe they were used twice because they were so mediocre

At least that's a pretty fair price IMO.

Comment

Working...
            X