Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

JBL prx418 ?

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • JBL prx418 ?

    I was using my new to me srx 718 speakers this weekend, a friend from another band noticed them as new to our setup. He informed me That I could have bought new prx418 for only $200 more than the used srx718, and that they were equal to or better speakers. I thought all the prx series was powered, but I looked them up the next day and the specs seem pretty impressive to me. My question is has anyone heard these or used these and how do they compare to the 518 and 718?

  • #2






    Quote Originally Posted by Robsco
    View Post

    I was using my new to me srx 718 speakers this weekend, a friend from another band noticed them as new to our setup. He informed me That I could have bought new prx418 for only $200 more than the used srx718, and that they were equal to or better speakers. I thought all the prx series was powered, but I looked them up the next day and the specs seem pretty impressive to me. My question is has anyone heard these or used these and how do they compare to the 518 and 718?




    IMO, your friend is full of crap.



    The SRX-718 is a better speaker all around. If you want to explore the 400 series are your 718's for sale and where are you located?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

    Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

    Comment


    • #3
      Now that's some good advice!

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm not in a trade down type of mood today. Just curious how the prx418 slots into the line up. Didn't realize until yesterday that passive prx was even available

        Comment


        • #5
          IMHO: SRX718/PRX618S-XLF>MRX518/PRX618S>PRX418>JRX118
          With Greater Knowledge Comes Greater Understanding

          Comment


          • #6






            Quote Originally Posted by Robsco
            View Post

            I'm not in a trade down type of mood today. Just curious how the prx418 slots into the line up. Didn't realize until yesterday that passive prx was even available




            It takes the place of the MRX518....average, middle of the road sub.....but it says JBL on it.
            https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/VP...54678147927641

            Comment


            • #7






              Quote Originally Posted by Vinny D
              View Post

              It takes the place of the MRX518....average, middle of the road sub.....but it says JBL on it.




              Feature ----------- MRX518 ------------- PRX418

              Weight ------------ 72lbs ---------------- 79lbs

              Freq Resp --------- 45-200 -------------- 52-120

              Max SPL ----------- 133db --------------- 130db



              I guess without hearing a side by side, the specs suggest that the MRX518 is lighter, louder and goes lower. Seems like a bit of a downgrade to me.
              With Greater Knowledge Comes Greater Understanding

              Comment


              • #8






                Quote Originally Posted by OneEng
                View Post

                Feature ----------- MRX518 ------------- PRX418

                Weight ------------ 72lbs ---------------- 79lbs

                Freq Resp --------- 45-200 -------------- 52-120

                Max SPL ----------- 133db --------------- 130db



                I guess without hearing a side by side, the specs suggest that the MRX518 is lighter, louder and goes lower. Seems like a bit of a downgrade to me.




                Exactly what I was getting at... but without the numbers.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

                Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

                Comment









                Working...
                X