No announcement yet.

JBL prx418 ?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBL prx418 ?

I was using my new to me srx 718 speakers this weekend, a friend from another band noticed them as new to our setup. He informed me That I could have bought new prx418 for only $200 more than the used srx718, and that they were equal to or better speakers. I thought all the prx series was powered, but I looked them up the next day and the specs seem pretty impressive to me. My question is has anyone heard these or used these and how do they compare to the 518 and 718?

Quote Originally Posted by Robsco
    View Post

I was using my new to me srx 718 speakers this weekend, a friend from another band noticed them as new to our setup. He informed me That I could have bought new prx418 for only $200 more than the used srx718, and that they were equal to or better speakers. I thought all the prx series was powered, but I looked them up the next day and the specs seem pretty impressive to me. My question is has anyone heard these or used these and how do they compare to the 518 and 718?

IMO, your friend is full of crap.

The SRX-718 is a better speaker all around. If you want to explore the 400 series are your 718's for sale and where are you located?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

Now that's some good advice!

Comment

I'm not in a trade down type of mood today. Just curious how the prx418 slots into the line up. Didn't realize until yesterday that passive prx was even available

Comment

IMHO: SRX718/PRX618S-XLF>MRX518/PRX618S>PRX418>JRX118
          With Greater Knowledge Comes Greater Understanding

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Robsco
            View Post

I'm not in a trade down type of mood today. Just curious how the prx418 slots into the line up. Didn't realize until yesterday that passive prx was even available

It takes the place of the MRX518....average, middle of the road sub.....but it says JBL on it.
            https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/VP...54678147927641

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny D
              View Post

It takes the place of the MRX518....average, middle of the road sub.....but it says JBL on it.

Feature ----------- MRX518 ------------- PRX418

Weight ------------ 72lbs ---------------- 79lbs

Freq Resp --------- 45-200 -------------- 52-120

Max SPL ----------- 133db --------------- 130db

I guess without hearing a side by side, the specs suggest that the MRX518 is lighter, louder and goes lower. Seems like a bit of a downgrade to me.
              With Greater Knowledge Comes Greater Understanding

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by OneEng
                View Post

Feature ----------- MRX518 ------------- PRX418

Weight ------------ 72lbs ---------------- 79lbs

Freq Resp --------- 45-200 -------------- 52-120

Max SPL ----------- 133db --------------- 130db

I guess without hearing a side by side, the specs suggest that the MRX518 is lighter, louder and goes lower. Seems like a bit of a downgrade to me.

Exactly what I was getting at... but without the numbers.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

Working...
                X