Bold Audio Inc, any experiences?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by KF650SB1000 View Post
I was contacted by these guys to demo & sell their products in our store. Has anyone heard these boxes? Looking at their specs and seeing the pictures, everything looks promising with a PowerSoft amp module and BMS/18Sound speakers.

It their website hasn

• Members

Note that the listed sensitivity number is very misleading, it's based on an average that includes mostly outside of a sub's intended passband. From 35-100Hz, it's more like 92dB/1W/1M which is the tradeoff for the mechanical power handling. It's like giving up 2dB on sensitivity to get 3dB of max SPL

• Members

Just a FYI those following along - to get the output I get from my 101dB/1W/1M TH-Mini's (within their response band) with 500w into them you'd need 4000w into a 92dB/1W/1M cab eek.gif. OTOH the TH-Mini only goes down to 50Hz before "dropping off" so the "other" cab would probably be more sensitive than those at 40Hz and below.

• Members

I thought I would chime in and respond to some of the posts here being the President of Bold Audio.

@Craigv: yes the website needs some work and has not been updated in quite some time so I apologize for the errors I can tell you we do have a website update upcoming in the very near future addressing the errors and including our new products ..In terms of slick marketing.. I can assure all of you the our boxes are built to high standards and will hit any claims or numbers we advertise. We use the best drivers/components on the market with ZERO compromise.

We have nothing to do with Yorkville sound, all of our manufacturing is done in Europe and we have an office in Toronto with no affiliation to Yorkville sound.

@agedhorse: Our numbers are derived from measuring within the boxes intended use for example our sub woofers are measured from 30-100Hz, we measure in 5hz increments and then we average the results to get our posted sensitivity numbers. No magic just the truth.

Currently we have been focusing our sales efforts on the Asian and European markets. I can let you know we are scheduling a North American road show for 2013 to show our products.
If I can answer any tech questions or any questions at all about our products please feel free to ask!

Archived