affordable speaker poles?

• Members

Does anyone here happen to know where i can find adjustable poles with M20 thread for cheap? The recomended jbl pole is $95. $200 for a set of speaker poles just seems steep to me. Also does anyone know of an alternative to the jbl wheel set for the srx 718. Thanks

• Members

Can't speak about the pole, however if you're talking about mounting wheels directly to the cabinet, I would use JBL parts at least for re-sale issues. An alternative could be heavy duty casters from Ace Hardware and then make a platform from 3/4" to move them on. Seems sacriligious to buy such nice cabs and then mount crap on them.

• Members

There was a thread a while back about some cheap M20 threaded speaker poles. There were mixed opinions on the quality of the poles and the threading.

I got a pair of adjustable K&M poles that have an expanding mandrel on the top that lock the top speaker firmly to the pole. By "firmly" I mean that I could lift a PRX612 off the floor relying on the grip of the mandrel. (!). They were a bit less expensive than the JBLs (which are made by K&M, I understand.) Mark C.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Robsco

View Post

The k&m poles are the only option i can find and they are the same price as jbl. Do you know of a cheap place to order k&m

You could send a PM to Mike Pyle at Audiopyle. He's a forum member that has a good record with folks here, from what I can tell. I bought my K&M poles (and other items, too) from him. Mark C.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Robsco

View Post

Does anyone here happen to know where i can find adjustable poles with M20 thread for cheap? The recomended jbl pole is $95. $200 for a set of speaker poles just seems steep to me. Also does anyone know of an alternative to the jbl wheel set for the srx 718. Thanks

http://www.fullcompass.com/product/423711.html

Archived