Something like a TV Tray??

• Members

What I call a TV Tray - folds to store - then unfolds as a little light weight table - you can set you dinner plate on - and eat off of - while you sit on the couch and watch TV - right?

Well - I bought some to take to gigs for us to put at the back of the stage - to set my extra harmonicas on, and a bottle of water - cup of coffee - set list - whatever - but then at the end of the night - I keep usuing them to put bags of cords on and stuff while I tear down the stage - but this turns out to actually be a sort of rough job - and my TV trays keep breaking.

Is there something better I can get for this - has to be light weight - and fold up to a small shape for loading in the (already really crowded) band van.

Thanks for any ideas anyone has.

Steve Robert

• Members

One of the guitar players I work with uses one of these - and places it between his spot on stage and the drummer. They set the drummer's empty cymbal case on top to form the "flat" part of the table. The drummer carries small board in his trap case that he places on the cross-members on the bottom of the stand to form a lower shelf - where he sets his little Yamaha mixer for his drum submix. It's a $30 solution if you buy it new ... cheaper if you happen to appropriate one from a joint you don't plan on playing again!

ThunderGroup_WDTHTS032.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by SpaceNorman View Post
One of the guitar players I work with uses one of these - and places it between his spot on stage and the drummer. They set the drummer's empty cymbal case on top to form the "flat" part of the table. The drummer carries small board in his trap case that he places on the cross-members on the bottom of the stand to form a lower shelf - where he sets his little Yamaha mixer for his drum submix. It's a $30 solution if you buy it new ... cheaper if you happen to appropriate one from a joint you don't plan on playing again!

ThunderGroup_WDTHTS032.jpg
Oh yea - from the restaurant industry. Good idea. With a piece of Plywood - would work.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Rbts View Post
What I call a TV Tray - folds to store - then unfolds as a little light weight table - you can set you dinner plate on - and eat off of - while you sit on the couch and watch TV - right?

Well - I bought some to take to gigs for us to put at the back of the stage - to set my extra harmonicas on, and a bottle of water - cup of coffee - set list - whatever - but then at the end of the night - I keep usuing them to put bags of cords on and stuff while I tear down the stage - but this turns out to actually be a sort of rough job - and my TV trays keep breaking.

Is there something better I can get for this - has to be light weight - and fold up to a small shape for loading in the (already really crowded) band van.

Thanks for any ideas anyone has.

Steve Robert
I use this:
http://www.buylifetime.com/products/blt/pid-28241.aspx

only in black.

Good as a small mixer table or for the odds & ends you are looking to store on it.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by GigMan View Post
I use this:
http://www.buylifetime.com/products/blt/pid-28241.aspx

only in black.

Good as a small mixer table or for the odds & ends you are looking to store on it.
I have 4 of these. With a nice table cloth, I can set a speaker on top. They are stable enough to hold a 100 lb amp rack and it is nice having the adjustable height.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by oldschooler View Post
I have 4 of these. With a nice table cloth, I can set a speaker on top. They are stable enough to hold a 100 lb amp rack and it is nice having the adjustable height.
Wow - 100lb. amp rack?? eek.gif - - either I have a slightly different model or you're much braver than I am tongue.gif

Plus, this tray stand is nowhere the height you'd want to raise up to for typical "Mains Level" spkr. height - - do you mean it is for a studio monitor speaker... confused.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by GigMan View Post
Wow - 100lb. amp rack?? eek.gif - - either I have a slightly different model or you're much braver than I am tongue.gif

Plus, this tray stand is nowhere the height you'd want to raise up to for typical "Mains Level" spkr. height - - do you mean it is for a studio monitor speaker... confused.gif
Naw. it's the right height on a 4 foot stage or when stacked on a sub for needed height. 100 lbs is nothing for that table, I used it for a seat sometimes.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by oldschooler

View Post

Naw. it's the right height on a 4 foot stage or when stacked on a sub for needed height. 100 lbs is nothing for that table, I used it for a seat sometimes.

A folding table with a speaker on it, stacked on a sub? That sounds really, really scary.

• CMS Author

Quote Originally Posted by soul-x

View Post

A folding table with a speaker on it, stacked on a sub? That sounds really, really scary.

I agree, that's a lawsuit waiting to happen. Don't think that because your gig doesn't pay a lot that some scum lawyer won't make your life a living hell when his client "innocently" fell into it, despite his 0.24 BAC....

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Craigv

View Post

I agree, that's a lawsuit waiting to happen. Don't think that because your gig doesn't pay a lot that some scum lawyer won't make your life a living hell when his client "innocently" fell into it, despite his 0.24 BAC....

Also, in that case, don't think you're getting screwed. I wouldn't ever want clients stand under something I'm unwilling to.

Archived