X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBL SRX 715

Is the reason I haven't pulled the trigger on a pair of PRX615's or DSR 15's because some open box SRX715's have presented themselves to me at $699 a piece? While I haven't missed hauling the amp rack around, I also haven't sold it. Would my Peavey GPS 3500 (775/channel @ 8 ohms) be enough to power a pair of these? I already have the XLF's and a pair of SR4726's but at half the weight these SRX's would sure be sweet! Thoughts?

Those are nice speakers and that amp is fine to power them .

"We Have Met the Enemy and He is Us" - Walt Kelly​

Comment

Plenty of power. Ideal... if the weight of the amp doesn't bother you.

Comment

No brainer for me at that price. I'm one of those who's not 100% sold on the reliability of PRX amp modules anyway, and when you add to that the fact that SRX drivers are a step up from PRX...

Comment

The SRX715 is my favorite top over sub speaker. Although I genuinely like the sound of both the PRX615 and the DSR115, I think neither one can hold a candle to the SRX715. I believe that a single pair of SRX715's would even be enough to go over 4 XLF's should you need more rig later.

That is a good price too.
          With Greater Knowledge Comes Greater Understanding

Comment

2 ,715's and 4, 718's is the rig I use for the majority of my shows. It is a nice scalable system. Much more so than the 725/728 rig that everyone seems to think is superior.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by jlb
              View Post

2 ,715's and 4, 718's is the rig I use for the majority of my shows. It is a nice scalable system. Much more so than the 725/728 rig that everyone seems to think is superior.

yep thats our main system never any complaints and one person can just about put the system up.
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.paradoxband.co.uk" target="_blank">www.paradoxband.co.uk</a></div>

Comment

Picked up the 715's tonight....out the door for $1373 (one speaker has a very small dent in the grill that i should be able to take care of). Can't wait to hook them up tomorrow and give them a listen! Sold one of my GPS 3500's today as well, if the buyer wants the other one as well, would the QSC GX7 be a decent (lighter weight) replacement to power these speakers?

Comment

GX-7 is a great replacement IMO.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by djerickson
                    View Post

Is the reason I haven't pulled the trigger on a pair of PRX615's or DSR 15's because some open box SRX715's have presented themselves to me at $699 a piece? While I haven't missed hauling the amp rack around, I also haven't sold it. Would my Peavey GPS 3500 (775/channel @ 8 ohms) be enough to power a pair of these? I already have the XLF's and a pair of SR4726's but at half the weight these SRX's would sure be sweet! Thoughts?

I think you are going to love them
                    With Greater Knowledge Comes Greater Understanding

Comment

That was a great deal too man!!!

Comment

Played with the speakers out in the garage today for several hours at probably 10% of their potential but everything is sounding great and at half the weight of my SR's they were a pleasure to move around. My son noticed there was a slight difference in the finish of the two speakers, one has a slightly smoother finish to the protective coating than the other. I figured it was a just a variation in the finishing stage of the speaker assembly and then today I checked the jack plate and realized one of the speakers was made in the USA and the other was made in Mexico. I didn't realize the production of the SRX line had also shifted to Mexico? One of the speakers had been at my local shop for a year or two and the other speaker came from a store a couple hours away so I don't know how long they had it in stock. Did anything change with the production being moved out of the country? Is this anything I should be concerned about?

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by djerickson
                          View Post

Played with the speakers out in the garage today for several hours at probably 10% of their potential but everything is sounding great and at half the weight of my SR's they were a pleasure to move around. My son noticed there was a slight difference in the finish of the two speakers, one has a slightly smoother finish to the protective coating than the other. I figured it was a just a variation in the finishing stage of the speaker assembly and then today I checked the jack plate and realized one of the speakers was made in the USA and the other was made in Mexico. I didn't realize the production of the SRX line had also shifted to Mexico? One of the speakers had been at my local shop for a year or two and the other speaker came from a store a couple hours away so I don't know how long they had it in stock. Did anything change with the production being moved out of the country? Is this anything I should be concerned about?

Harmon shutdown the Woodbury, N.Y. and Northridge plant in June 2010. Thus ended the Made in U.S.A. logo. There is a plant in Mexico owned by Harmon and has produced parts for JBL for 30years. You can research it all online.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it. There are finish differences between production runs of both USA as well as Mexico products.

Comment

Aged, have you had a chance to test out some 715's? Would love to see what kind of passive tuning's you come up with. I like what you did with the 712's.

Comment

Working...
                              X