Bose L1 Systems

• Members

Singer + acoustic guitar in a small venue with that system is a simple and easy setup that works well. In my experience, they are not so good for rock bands, larger venues, or any application where any real LF energy is required.

What are you planning to use the system for?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by dedmeet View Post
Singer + acoustic guitar in a small venue with that system is a simple and easy setup that works well. In my experience, they are not so good for rock bands, larger venues, or any application where any real LF energy is required.

What are you planning to use the system for?
This.

A buddy has one and does an open mic in a coffee house, and it works out really well. They get a touch if feedback here & there but it's not a big deal. Sounds pretty decent etc. but I couldn't picture a full Rock band using it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by n8cJohn

View Post

We have 3 L1s, 3 T1s, 8 B1s and two A1s and are a 4 pc rock band that has had great success with this set up. We play nice venues that seat up to 350 - and do outdoor shows with them.

Obviously you have a significant investment in your system as well as keep your volume under control.

• CMS Author

Quote Originally Posted by sibyrnes

View Post

You can do better for the money.

Depends entirely on where you can and can not make your compromises. If you need monitoring and FOH, and need extreme portability, there are few if any options, let alone better ones. If you need a lot of LF, you can absolutely do better, or you can use other powered subs instead of the B1 toy subs. But then you lose the portability aspect. There's no perfect solution that fits every situation. Horses for courses.

Archived