Sennheiser 914-----Opinions?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Tomm Williams View Post
Have a group that is offering to trade me 3 Senn 914's in very good shape for some live-sound work. Not a SDC that gets mentioned much around here. Any opinions on them? estimated value?
I don't know what... but:

Another, or a few more good Sennheiser 914's would be worth a couple hundred bucks each to me most any day of the week.

But this begs a question: Why would a group that owns 3ea. Sennheiser 914's be willing to trade them for some live sound work? Strange days indeed.

• Members

I am trying to get my drummer to invest in the whole Sennheiser e900 series drum kit and he will do it once I buy the new PA. Suffice it to say, I think the 914's are great mics, and if you can snag three of those beasts for a few hours of your time, I would jump all over it if I were you. Like Mark, I wonder what's up with the people looking to part with those mics so relatively inexpensively. It could be something simple like they don't know what they have on their hands with those mics. I would test them, make sure they work, but definitely take that deal if they are in good repair.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by W. M. Hellinger View Post
I don't know what... but:

Another, or a few more good Sennheiser 914's would be worth a couple hundred bucks each to me most any day of the week.

But this begs a question: Why would a group that owns 3ea. Sennheiser 914's be willing to trade them for some live sound work? Strange days indeed.
This group thought they would invest in an entire system and be self-sufficient...................until they found out how much that would set them back. They didn't figure it out until after they bought the 914's. other than a few other mics, they don't own anything of a system.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by agedhorse

View Post

I have heard OF them but never seen them used on any tour that's come through our venue. Chirovette, have you really heard them?

I jammed with a drummer a few months back who used them. They sounded pretty damned good to me, but obviously I don't have your experience and knowledge.

Archived