Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Square cases for cables?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse







X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Square cases for cables?

    Anyone know of any square totes or cases for cables? Everything is rectangular it seems. I want something cheap and light. I thought I'd seen people with rolling plastic square totes at various events but can't seem to find any now. The audiopile small mic case might work for mic cables, but might be too small for power cables.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Craig</div>

  • #2
    I use mic cases that hold 24 mics. They come divide up into 3 sections. I pull the dividers and put one in the middle. They basically replaced my milk crates of shame.



    Not the perfect setup but the best I could find. I over/under everything to fit. But I'm not carrying hundreds of feet of AC cable.









    I have 3 of them.



    XLR long (25' & 50') & XLR short (10')

    AC & Speakon cables

    Snakes & misc.







    I'm always keeping an eye out for something better.



    NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

    Comment


    • #3






      Quote Originally Posted by hemismith
      View Post

      Anyone know of any square totes or cases for cables? Everything is rectangular it seems. I want something cheap and light. I thought I'd seen people with rolling plastic square totes at various events but can't seem to find any now. The audiopile small mic case might work for mic cables, but might be too small for power cables.




      These aren't square but might be worth a look http://www.hardcase.com/index.php?ma...24535da7c21b8b

      Comment


      • #4






        Quote Originally Posted by dennis a
        View Post

        These aren't square but might be worth a look http://www.hardcase.com/index.php?ma...24535da7c21b8b




        Never seen these in person, but if they're decently strong they should be fine for items like cables and stands that aren't subject to severe damage if bumped and dropped. Of course, they earned a demerit by misspelling "caster" in their .pdf file catalog.....
        Write something...

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks. The problem is my back -- I can only carry so much and the rectangular cases both weigh more and hold too much (or waste space). But maybe there is a short one that is long enough to hold two stacks side by side. I also need rectangular cases for my snake and mixer, and someday should get something for my mic and speaker stands, so I'll look at those options.
          <div class="signaturecontainer">Craig</div>

          Comment


          • #6






            Quote Originally Posted by Craigv
            View Post

            Of course, they earned a demerit by misspelling "caster" in their .pdf file catalog.....




            Always love that. I didn't realize the longer ones had wheels.
            <div class="signaturecontainer">Craig</div>

            Comment


            • #7
              Here's another option, better than square!







              A little too tall though, and maybe just a little tacky.
              <div class="signaturecontainer">Craig</div>

              Comment


              • #8
                I use these nesting & stacking bins:

                http://www.homedepot.com/Storage-Org...1#.UNHwe3dCN8E
                www.RunningSound.com

                Comment


                • #9






                  Quote Originally Posted by hemismith
                  View Post

                  Here's another option, better than square!







                  A little too tall though, and maybe just a little tacky.




                  While it might work for audio cables, I'd be very reluctant to coil power cables and/or snake that tightly.



                  I also prefer all cases have the same shape, and preferably also be the same size or fraction of the largest size to allow efficient trailer packing.



                  Incidentally, the Homer bucket is at least a 5-gallon. Most joint compound pails are 4 or 4.5 gallon, with the diminished dimension being height.
                  Write something...

                  Comment


                  • #10






                    Quote Originally Posted by scharris_99
                    View Post

                    I use these nesting & stacking bins:

                    http://www.homedepot.com/Storage-Org...1#.UNHwe3dCN8E






                    I've got mixed feelings about these. Of the "non-standard" cases (not an Anvil-type case) these are pretty good and the size is right for cables. But the plastic they use tends to be more on the brittle side, and I've had them crack or shatter in cold weather. I've seen some made of that thicker resin, and they seemed to be more flexible and temperature resistant, but haven't owned any to prove it out.
                    Write something...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The home depot storage bins are a great alternative if you're not gonna use an anvil road case. I've got a handful of them and prefer them the using them when getting a huge road case in a van is too much for 1 person. If it's truck pack I really prefer the anvil cases, actually I really like the EWI trunk cases best.
                      <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.rock-bot.com" target="_blank">www.rock-bot.com</a><br />
                      Live-Band-Karaoke<br />
                      <br />
                      bassist and sound reinforcement</div>

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I use these; http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ndingMethod=rr



                        I have one for each type of cable, mic, speaker, patch snakes. AC electric and main snake. Mine are an opaque tan, but I wish that I had gotten the transparent ones like these. I have cut a couple of 1 inch wide "u" shaped cutouts in the lid for the main snake so that I only have to pull out as much as i need, and then can put the lid back on. Works like a charm. Everything stays organized, and no tub gets so heavy that it's a problem for one person to handle.
                        <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Security Officers have been trained to not touch the service monkey<br />
                        </font></div>

                        Comment


                        • #13






                          Quote Originally Posted by hemismith
                          View Post

                          Anyone know of any square totes or cases for cables? Everything is rectangular it seems. I want something cheap and light. I thought I'd seen people with rolling plastic square totes at various events but can't seem to find any now. The audiopile small mic case might work for mic cables, but might be too small for power cables.




                          Wait a minute. You saying you want square containers for round cables?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I use this for my audio cable and power cable

                            http://www.purplewave.com/cgi-bin/mn...i?080612A/4086

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I
                              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
                              Hate is like taking poison, hoping the other guy gets sick.

                              How above being tricked are you? Take the test
                              ---->
                              HERE

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X