Pipe and Drape

• Members

Didn't know where else to post this question.
I purchased some pip&drape stuff, 8 uprights, 4 cross members.
8 base plates at 16 lbs each, so those will be going in one of the EWI cases.
My question is, anyone know a way of packing these things into something?

I thought of getting some 3" PVC with end caps.

The uprights are telescopic, 8' to 14' 2" dia, the cross members will fit into the uprights,
so i was thinking 8 sections of 3" PVC with end caps.

Anyone have any other ideas?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by dennis a View Post
http://www.dalite.com/products/product_pdfs/243.pdf

Scroll down to the second page and check out the bag made specifically for P&D.
How do 8 uprights work out with 4 cross pieces?
Thanks Dennis, but they are aluminum, and will be traveling in a trailer, i would prefer something hard shelled, seems like that company you provided the link for has it backwards, hard shell for the fabric, and canvas bag for the pipe.

4 separate sections, 2 upright's, 2 base plates, 1 cross member.

Thanks again.

• Members

Everytime I've rented P&D it's been loose without a case. I might suggest putting the fabric in cardboard tubes, other than that I'd just gaff all the poles together and the bases ride loose. You could find a guitar combo amp case on wheels to put bases in.

• Members

I have a bag for my pipe segments; it seems like an adequate solution. If I wanted more protection for the pipe, I think that I would look at 4" or bigger ABS plumbing pipe. 10" "french drain" might also work; I don't know if end caps are available in that size, however. It looks like you have the 2" series uprights with collars; I don't know if 4" ABS pipe would provide you enough storage space to fit more than one pair of uprights into the ABS.

Let us know what, if any, solution you choose. Mark C.

• Members

Thanks for the recommendations everyone.

i was thinking about the hard shell case in the link Pro Sound Guy posted, but at 300 plus, that bag was looking a lot better. since i am going to have some e-trac added to the trailer, i was wondering if i could have a couple of short pieces of e-trac on the ceiling and hang the bag of pipes at the ceiling. I will post some pictures as soon as i have all the e-trac installed.

Thanks again for the help and suggestions.

• Members

OH - Hmm - Well - Yea - Mine is different - Made out of 1/2" iron plumbing pipe. It does travel in a piece of 4" PVC Plumbing Pipe - with a cap on one end - and a screw off cap on the other. For "Drapes" I just have various Flags - that ride in a duffle bag.

Archived