Does the drummer keep his drums in the trailer?

• Members

I don't have a trailer (or van) dedicated to audio gear, so all of my stuff gets unloaded after every show. I wouldn't have any qualms with leaving drums in the trailer, though. Just make sure you give them an hour or so to acclimate in the venue before you start trying to play them. Give them a quick tuning and they'll play just fine.

• Members

The drummer leaves his drums in my trailer. He never tunes them and they sound like {censored} on stage. He uses triggers so they sound great out front. I wish he would tune his drums.

I even said one time "how would you like it if I didn't tune my guitar" He just looked at me.

What can ya do.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by stevmac1 View Post
OK, just wondering about the effect of the cold & heat...
ss
I've seen (cough... uh... own) drums that have cracked shell skins due to too cold of cold. I've seen (cough... uh... own) drums that have buckled/warped shell skins due to too much heat.

Natural wood finish drums of-course don't have shell skins to worry about.

• Members

Here's my take: I wouldn't keep my drums in a trailer unless it could be parked in a secure location. Inside a garage or behind a locked fence. Nothing to do with the climate, just security. Of course, being in southern California, extreme cold is not an issue. The temps in August can soar to over 110 degrees though. I would bet that it could probably get to 120 or 130 inside the trailer. I wouldn't want to have my drums exposed to that kind of heat.

Archived