Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by agedhorse
    View Post

Actually, I agree with you. This does (seems to anyway) make the most sense but was rejected as too big for a duo (???)

Agreed. I have to restate that it seems absurd to pour MORE MONEY into an acoustic duo when they have more than what they need already. I would get it if the OP was talking about not wanting to cart around the mains or if the mixer was some mammoth sized apparatus that it would get in the way of the gig. But we are talking about a small, light, easy to use mixer that the OP already owns.

Comment

Shure SCM268 2lb 10 oz All Done

http://www.shure.com/uploads/specifi..._specsheet.pdf
      http://LBPinc.com/di

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Pater Familias
        View Post

. I've read and seen on YouTube that it might be possible to just use Auria with an audio interface as a live mixing set up on the Ipad.

I haven't tried it ... but the spec says a class 2 USB interface. What are your I/O requirements?
        Don Boomer

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by fdew
          View Post

Except for missing eq, monitor mix, etc...

Comment

View Post

Think his Auria mixer app has dynamics and effects and just needed the class 2 usb interface.

Now the question will the Auria mixer recognize the Shure class 2 interface ? and how well it will work together?

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by twostone
              View Post

Think his Auria mixer app has dynamics and effects and just needed the class 2 usb interface.

Now the question will the Auria mixer recognize the Shure class 2 interface ? and how well it will work together?

I was referring specifically to the Shure mixer, the class 2 mention has nothing to do with USB. I wouldn't imagine that it would work at all.

Comment

Truth be told, this sounds like a perfect application for a Bose system, minus the iPad control and the cost. That doesn't help the OP with his question tho.
                <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2">Member of the SG Army</font><br />
                <br />
                <font size="1">Favorable trades with: _pete_, vidiot72, noiseannoys, lonnie99</font></div>

Comment

View Post

So add just a bit for a big show

http://api.ning.com/files/DzM7s8aGez...rLimiter1b.jpg
                  http://LBPinc.com/di

Comment

OP here, and I appreciate all the responses.

I'm currently trying to sell my QSC K12s so I can replace them with a pair of K10s. That'll not only save me 10 lbs per speaker, but make them easier to store and transport.

Regarding the Presonus, it is overkill. But I was waiting for 8 months to get one of the new Mackie DL1608, but they never would release the damn thing. Finally ran out of time in August when I had to have a mixer for an outdoor gig for a full bluegrass band. So I just said screw it and went with my second option of the 16.0.2. Kept thinking maybe I'd return the Presonus if Sweetwater ever got the Mackie in, but my return period finally ran out.

I know the Mackie would basically be a lateral move, but it is slightly smaller and I think I'd get along with the interface better than the Presonus. I'm embarassed to admit I forget how to do some things on the Presonus in between gigs cause I can't remember the damn steps.

I just thought before I sold my mixer and bought the Mackie I'd see if anyone had come up with an even more compact set up with the same amount of processing and sound quality - neither of which a small analog mixer like the A&H Zed 10 has (owned one last year).

Yes, I'm not that old and not that down in the back, but if I can reduce the relative size of my rig by just 15-20% for a couple hundred bucks it'd be worth it to me.

My ideal rig would be a cabinet that I could roll into a gig, pop off the top to access the mixer and remove two K10 (or equitable speakers of another brand) and my cables from underneath for setting up on the tripods.

Maybe I'm just lazy, but so was the guy that invented the bicycle, car, etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X