X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus-X
      View Post

Jesus. Those things cost nothing at all.

China
      ELP92SD -> some pedals -> MarkIV -> Rectifier 2x12 cab

"The Bible is the rock on which this Republic rests." - Andrew Jackson

Comment

• Well these are interesting. I have been researching (and listening) to numerous options for my new band. What would everyone suggest for subs with these? Say I bought two of the 12 inch DUS models for FOH duties and powered them with an IPR 3000 (or IPR 1600), would two PRX400 subs match up well? Or something else?

At this price point I have to at least consider the DUS speakers as an option. Previously I was planning to go with two JBL PRX612m and one PRX618XLF for FOH.
        Good deals with: CRANK, Julius Caesar, nxheo, smd24fan, basshub, and Lonnie99

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by vaughn4380
          View Post

Well these are interesting. I have been researching (and listening) to numerous options for my new band. What would everyone suggest for subs with these? Say I bought two of the 12 inch DUS models for FOH duties and powered them with an IPR 3000 (or IPR 1600), would two PRX400 subs match up well? Or something else?

Where are you located? If you're looking for something in that class maybe someone here has something for cheap . The PRX418S subs would be a bit of overkill for those tops but that's not a bad thing . I'd use an IPR1600 on those tops and an IPR3000 on those subs.

Comment

• I would recommend the IPR-1600 for those subs ast they are a 4 ohm box, and 500 watts per box is plenty.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by agedhorse
              View Post

I would recommend the IPR-1600 for those subs ast they are a 4 ohm box, and 500 watts per box is plenty.

They are listed as 8 ohms here:

http://www.jblpro.com/catalog/genera...?PId=438&MId=3

I did check first .

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by RoadRanger
                View Post

They are listed as 8 ohms here:

http://www.jblpro.com/catalog/genera...?PId=438&MId=3

I did check first .

Sorry, I was thinking M-pro and MRX
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Comment

View Post

. It still amazes me that there are lots of bands hereabouts that "need" more than 110db at their ears from their monitors .

Come to one of the shows I work and I will show you how loud monitors need to be to survive in this jungle!
                  https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/VP...54678147927641

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Vinny D
                    View Post

Come to one of the shows I work and I will show you how loud monitors need to be to survive in this jungle!

I think I'd stop a couple blocks away and put my earplugs in if I was coming to one of your shows LOL.

Comment

View Post

Sorry, I was thinking M-pro and MRX

IMO most 500w+ rated subs should be 4 ohms to better match the available lower priced amps .

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Vinny D
                        View Post

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRanger
                        View Post

I think I'd stop a couple blocks away and put my earplugs in if I was coming to one of your shows LOL.

WWWDD (What Would WynnD Do???)
                        "If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else" - Yogi Berra, 1925-2015

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Craigv
                          View Post

WWWDD (What Would WynnD Do???)

Haha
                          https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/VP...54678147927641

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by dughaze
                            View Post

China

At some point it is ALL going to be made in China. It's hard to compete against Slave Labor.
                            Support your fellow HC members!
                            PTD-1
                            For Cables & Racks, Roadcases and Case Hardware : Audiopile.net
                            For Vocal help: Vocal Forum Moderator Al Koehn's The Secrets of Successful Singing,

Originally Posted by agedhorse

You can't bridge these amps (yay).

Comment

View Post

IMO most 500w+ rated subs should be 4 ohms to better match the available lower priced amps .

Nope, with bigger cheap amps it's too risky for speaker manufacturers. That's why we are seeing a shift back towards 8 ohm subs.

Comment

View Post

Nope, with bigger cheap amps it's too risky for speaker manufacturers. That's why we are seeing a shift back towards 8 ohm subs.

Agree.

While perhaps not the most absolutely practical, it's what fits the expectations and availability of the market right now.
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X