Audiopile DUS speakers

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRanger
    View Post

Interesting, so the X-15 crosses over lower than the other two? You might want to list the crossover frequency and LF driver voice coil diameters if you know them. Are replacement drivers (or diaphragms and recone kits) available?

Where was the mentioned?

Why would any of this be important to the average or even above average user?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by agedhorse
      View Post

Where was the mentioned?

I'm assuming the larger diameter HF diaphragm in the X-15 is so they can do that - alternative explanation?

Mostly because other cabs generally list all that somewhere .

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by agedhorse
        View Post

Where was the mentioned?

I'm assuming the larger diameter HF diaphragm in the X-15 is so they can do that - alternative explanation?

Mostly because other cabs generally list all that somewhere .

Comment

View Post

Are replacement drivers (or diaphragms and recone kits) available?

Yes, I have a small spare parts stock for the X models, including recone kits, diaphragms, a few replacement drivers, grills, and crossovers.

View Post

Mostly because other cabs generally list all that somewhere

I'll work on that as I have most of that information (driver construction, cross-over points, etc...). I didn't previously include those details because I didn't expect those to be a points of interest.

I'm a bit under the weather today... maybe due to too much NYE pre-functioning last night... or maybe I'm just older than I used to be

It's Liz & my 25th. wedding anniversary today

Comment

View Post

Are replacement drivers (or diaphragms and recone kits) available?

Yes, I have a small spare parts stock for the X models, including recone kits, diaphragms, a few replacement drivers, grills, and crossovers.

View Post

Mostly because other cabs generally list all that somewhere

I'll work on that as I have most of that information (driver construction, cross-over points, etc...). I didn't previously include those details because I didn't expect those to be a points of interest.

I'm a bit under the weather today... maybe due to too much NYE pre-functioning last night... or maybe I'm just older than I used to be

Comment

View Post

I'm assuming the larger diameter HF diaphragm in the X-15 is so they can do that - alternative explanation?Mostly because other cabs generally list all that somewhere .

Take a look at most of the powered speakers, crossover frequency is not listed because for the most part it is not important when considering a system approach. When listed, it's more of a marketing to those who think they know why it's important...
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Comment

View Post

I'm assuming the larger diameter HF diaphragm in the X-15 is so they can do that - alternative explanation?Mostly because other cabs generally list all that somewhere .

Take a look at most of the powered speakers, crossover frequency is not listed because for the most part it is not important when considering a system approach. When listed, it's more of a marketing to those who think they know why it's important...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by W. M. Hellinger
                  View Post

Comment

View Post

Comment

View Post

you sure are trying to bust ass over a sub $200 speaker. And Happy Anniversary to Mark and Liz!
                      tlbonehead@yahoo.com
                      www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
                      -For Sale:
                      -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
                      -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
                      - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
                      - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
                      - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

View Post

you sure are trying to bust ass over a sub $200 speaker. And Happy Anniversary to Mark and Liz!
                        tlbonehead@yahoo.com
                        www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
                        -For Sale:
                        -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
                        -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
                        - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
                        - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
                        - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

Question....

Ok, so I have used for the past 4 years as monitors, 2 Behringer B212a and 2 Yorkville yx15p.

Would four of the 12 inch cabs and a couple of ipr's be a slight upgrade ?

Comment

Question....

Ok, so I have used for the past 4 years as monitors, 2 Behringer B212a and 2 Yorkville yx15p.

Would four of the 12 inch cabs and a couple of ipr's be a slight upgrade ?

Comment

View Post

Awesome! You might want to state that on your cutsheets as the lack of such would put me off from buying an unknown brand cab for sure.

Just makes them sound more PRO IMO - unless the LF drivers have 3/4" voice coils or some such .

Comment

View Post

Awesome! You might want to state that on your cutsheets as the lack of such would put me off from buying an unknown brand cab for sure.

Just makes them sound more PRO IMO - unless the LF drivers have 3/4" voice coils or some such .

Comment

Working...
                                X