NEW Yorkville ultra compact and lightweight dual 6'' passive monitors

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by soul-x

View Post

Definitely compact by my standards. Splitting the difference volume-wise between the 10" and 12" microwedge (which are some of the smallest "real" monitors I can think of)

Looks "compact" to me - a 15" square that sits 11" at its tallest.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Miko Man View Post
I like the marketing double talk of "solid perforated metal grilles" and "solid plywood." With no disrespect intended, is English the primary language at Yorkville? Mark C.
I find they have a pretty solid grasp of the English language. wink.gif

We may need to send them a thesaurus though. Then their metal grilles could be rugged, strong, thick or hulk. OK, maybe not hulk, but you get the idea. :-)

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by soul-x

View Post

Definitely compact by my standards. Splitting the difference volume-wise between the 10" and 12" microwedge (which are some of the smallest "real" monitors I can think of)

... and the SRX-712... but the microwedges and 712 are 4x the wedge as well.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by StratGuy22 View Post
Those 6" speakers look similar to the ones in the paraline speakers...
Maybe they had a bunch left over from all the Paralines they didn't sell!

While the wedge looks interesting, I can't see many of them selling unless they are cheaper than the E10. Even then everynoe seems to want powered speakers, at least at the MI level. And I imagine they will cost more than the $500.00 or so that the E10 goes for.

It's funny, they are in that pseudo pro shape, but without the SPL.... (as AH pointed out). I think Yorkville will sell many more YX10P's than this box, but I guess kudos are deserved for not always going after the dollar - although their accountants might disagree.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Miko Man

View Post

I like the marketing double talk of "solid perforated metal grilles" and "solid plywood." With no disrespect intended, is English the primary language at Yorkville? Mark C.

With a 10 year guarantee (standard on all Yorkville cabinets), I'd say "solid" is probably a good way of describing them. wink.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Bobby1Note View Post
With a 10 year guarantee (standard on all Yorkville cabinets), I'd say "solid" is probably a good way of describing them. wink.gif
I had a caster on an LS800p die last summer. Bought in 03. Then sent 4 replacements, free. Might as well replace them all.

thumb.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Al Poulin View Post
I find they have a pretty solid grasp of the English language. wink.gif

We may need to send them a thesaurus though. Then their metal grilles could be rugged, strong, thick or hulk. OK, maybe not hulk, but you get the idea. :-)
Yes; sturdy and durable no doubt apply. The notion of a solid perforated grille just struck me as a bit of an oxymoron, like jumbo shrimp. (It's hard to think straight with a twisted mind.) Mark C.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by nchangin View Post
Question: is the warranty transferrable?
I believe it is. In Canada they also have a 2 year "even if you break it" warranty. At the time of purchase, you can add additional years for $10/year. So for an extra $20/speaker I have 4 years of "even if you break it" warranty.

thumb.gif

Archived