X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW Yorkville ultra compact and lightweight dual 6'' passive monitors

Just thought I'd share for those who might be looking for compact passive monitors :

http://www.yorkville.com/products.as...9&cat=2&id=425

Al
    KV2 KX12s - Yamaha DXR15s, RCF ART 310A , Yamaha DXR8 - Yamaha DXS12 subs, Wharfedale Titan 12 actives, Yamaha MG12/4 mixer X 2, Peavey PV10 mixer, Yorkville PGM8 mixer - Many Sony MD players (home and portable), Shure cordless microphone and a variety of LED lighting effects.

Compact???
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/Fender Musical Instruments Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

I like the marketing double talk of "solid perforated metal grilles" and "solid plywood." With no disrespect intended, is English the primary language at Yorkville? Mark C.
      "Good tools are expensive. Cheap tools are damned expensive."

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by agedhorse
        View Post

Compact???

Definitely compact by my standards. Splitting the difference volume-wise between the 10" and 12" microwedge (which are some of the smallest "real" monitors I can think of)
        -

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by soul-x
          View Post

Definitely compact by my standards. Splitting the difference volume-wise between the 10" and 12" microwedge (which are some of the smallest "real" monitors I can think of)

Looks "compact" to me - a 15" square that sits 11" at its tallest.
          www.nextexitrocks.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Miko Man
            View Post

I like the marketing double talk of "solid perforated metal grilles" and "solid plywood." With no disrespect intended, is English the primary language at Yorkville? Mark C.

I find they have a pretty solid grasp of the English language.

We may need to send them a thesaurus though. Then their metal grilles could be rugged, strong, thick or hulk. OK, maybe not hulk, but you get the idea. :-)
            KV2 KX12s - Yamaha DXR15s, RCF ART 310A , Yamaha DXR8 - Yamaha DXS12 subs, Wharfedale Titan 12 actives, Yamaha MG12/4 mixer X 2, Peavey PV10 mixer, Yorkville PGM8 mixer - Many Sony MD players (home and portable), Shure cordless microphone and a variety of LED lighting effects.

Comment

View Post

And 24 lbs
              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
              Hate is like taking poison, hoping the other guy gets sick.

How above being tricked are you? Take the test
              ---->
              HERE

Comment

View Post

... and the SRX-712... but the microwedges and 712 are 4x the wedge as well.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/Fender Musical Instruments Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

Those 6" speakers look similar to the ones in the paraline speakers...
                  NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

So, with dual 6"speakers in a monitor that has a -3db at 80 hz, are these aimed primarily at vocalists? Keep the mud out and emphasize vocal clarity? Looks like they'll get pretty loud. What's the price point- under $300?

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by StratGuy22
                      View Post

Those 6" speakers look similar to the ones in the paraline speakers...

Maybe they had a bunch left over from all the Paralines they didn't sell!

While the wedge looks interesting, I can't see many of them selling unless they are cheaper than the E10. Even then everynoe seems to want powered speakers, at least at the MI level. And I imagine they will cost more than the $500.00 or so that the E10 goes for.

It's funny, they are in that pseudo pro shape, but without the SPL.... (as AH pointed out). I think Yorkville will sell many more YX10P's than this box, but I guess kudos are deserved for not always going after the dollar - although their accountants might disagree.

Comment

Personally, I
                        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
                        Hate is like taking poison, hoping the other guy gets sick.

How above being tricked are you? Take the test
                        ---->
                        HERE

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Marko
                          View Post

Personally, I
                          tlbonehead@yahoo.com
                          www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
                          -For Sale:
                          -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
                          -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
                          - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
                          - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
                          - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

124dB continuous sounds like pretty fair SPL to me, especially for a floor monitor.

If it's from the Elite series(which it is), it won't come cheap, that's for sure.
                            Veni, Vidi, Velcro;

(I came, I saw, I stuck around)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Miko Man
                              View Post

With a 10 year guarantee (standard on all Yorkville cabinets), I'd say "solid" is probably a good way of describing them.
                              Veni, Vidi, Velcro;

(I came, I saw, I stuck around)

Comment

Working...
                              X