Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To put 40 years ago in perspective: In Jan 1972, the average new house sold for $24,700.

Comment

To put 40 years ago in perspective: In Jan 1972, the average new house sold for $24,700.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by W. M. Hellinger
        View Post

Ouch...
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/Fender Musical Instruments Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

View Post

Ouch...
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/Fender Musical Instruments Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

View Post

Less than that up here. My brother-in-law bought his 3-bedroom house in '72, in a brand new housing developement, and I believe he paid $17,000. I bought my first house 5 years later ('77), and I paid $32,500, for a nice 3-bedroom townhouse in the city of Laval, Quebec, which is just across the river from Montreal.
            Veni, Vidi, Velcro;

(I came, I saw, I stuck around)

Comment

View Post

Less than that up here. My brother-in-law bought his 3-bedroom house in '72, in a brand new housing developement, and I believe he paid $17,000. I bought my first house 5 years later ('77), and I paid $32,500, for a nice 3-bedroom townhouse in the city of Laval, Quebec, which is just across the river from Montreal.
              Veni, Vidi, Velcro;

(I came, I saw, I stuck around)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by agedhorse
                View Post

Ouch...

Some other reality checks from 40 years ago:

1972 prices:

Loaf of bread: $.25

Gallon of gas: $.36

First Class postage: $.18

Minimum wage: $1.60/hr.

Combined local, state, and federal taxes: approx. 30% in 1972 (it was approx. 20% in the early '60's... now I believe it's >40%)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by agedhorse
                  View Post

Ouch...

Some other reality checks from 40 years ago:

1972 prices:

Loaf of bread: $.25

Gallon of gas: $.36

First Class postage: $.18

Minimum wage: $1.60/hr.

Combined local, state, and federal taxes: approx. 30% in 1972 (it was approx. 20% in the early '60's... now I believe it's >40%)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by BillESC
                    View Post

I started Entertainment Systems Corporation. Been a long road.

1972 I remember seeing Vietnam on the evening news every night.

I was 13 years old. I still have a hard time believing 1993 was 20years ago. Wow

Comment

View Post

1972 I remember seeing Vietnam on the evening news every night.

I was 13 years old. I still have a hard time believing 1993 was 20years ago. Wow

Comment

View Post

Congratulations. A great accomplishment. And from one of those benefiting from your experience through perseverance, thank you.

Comment

View Post

Congratulations. A great accomplishment. And from one of those benefiting from your experience through perseverance, thank you.

Comment

Congrats!

40 years ago, my mom was getting her drivers license. ;-)

-Dan.
                            Well, I've been to one world fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones.

Comment

Congrats!

40 years ago, my mom was getting her drivers license. ;-)

-Dan.
                              Well, I've been to one world fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones.

Comment

Working...
                              X