Wireless issues, need help please. Audio-Technica ATW R73x

• Members

Guys, I need help please;

A few years ago, I bought a wireless set-up that I've yet to use. I bought it knowing full well about the (then) upcoming 700MHz issue. Here's my issues;

1. It came with no manual, and I have no prior experience with wireless. I went to Audio-Technica's website, and searched "discontinued products. Nothing. All I got was a message that this product was not available in my part of the world, nor was it available in my language.

2. When I was searching for info, I came across an old press-release, dating back to 2001, about this specific receiver. There is mention about Audio-Technica including bands in the 600MHz range, specifically with units that have the letter designation "x" in the model name (as mine is,,, ATW R73x). How do you guys read this,,, and I'm still OK to use this unit?

http://www.harmonycentral.com/blogs/...to-7000-series

• Members

I have the manual, I do not remember it being offered in anything but the 700MHz band here in the states. It's possible that there were other bands available in different markets, I just haven't seen any. They were known as the 7000 series (differentiating them from the plastic 700 series). I used to sell a fair number of these about 15 years ago. Great system until.......

• Members

Uh Oh, the link's not working. Here's what it said;

Audio-Technica Adds Additional Frequencies To 7000 Series
Posted by Harmony Central News on Jan 24, 2001 1:00:00 AM

ATW-R73x Diversity Receiver
ATW-T73x Handheld Condenser Microphone/Transmitter
ATW-T76x Handheld Dynamic Microphone/Transmitter
ATW-T75x UniPak Transmitter
(Click for a close-up)

Audio-Technica announces the expansion of the 7000 Series Multi-channel UHF Wireless to include systems with 100 frequencies in the 600 MHz range. Designated by an "x" after the model number, these new systems are offered in addition to the original 7000 Series Systems that operate in the 700 MHz band. The new systems include the ATW-7373x Handheld Condenser System, the ATW-7375x UniPak Transmitter System and the ATW-7376x Handheld Dynamic System. The expansion of the 7000 Series with additional frequencies further underscores Audio-Technica's commitment to the ongoing development and enhancement of wireless microphone systems in all market segments.

Originally introduced with operation in the 700 MHz frequency band and offering a choice of 100 PLL-synthesized channels with true diversity operation, the 7000 Series now provides more options for those users in areas with extensive RF congestion. The new frequencies (656 MHz-668 MHz, TV channels 45, 46 & 47) allow more systems to be used simultaneously, as well as provide frequency options for today and for the future as digital television (DTV) continues coming online.

Audio-Technica also has made available valuable information on wireless microphone systems operation. End users can go to the A-T Web site and view two interactive on-line applications: "Selecting A-T Frequencies" (only for A-T wireless systems) permits users to enter the zip/postal code where they will be using the wireless system, and receive information on which frequencies are compatible with broadcast television stations operating in that area. The second interactive section, "Checking Frequency Compatibility," allows users to enter up to 30 frequencies in order to check for possible intermodulation interference problems between systems when multiple systems are in use.

• Members

OK Andy, I'll give them a call. I was able to see the model number of the transmitter (ATW T-75x), but there's no model number on the Lav mic. The headset mic says PRO8 HE. I assume the important factors here, are the transmitter and receiver model numbers, both of which are mentioned in the press release.

Does it matter which Lav mic or headset mic is connected to the transmitter?

• Members

OK, I'll call tomorrow, when things are back to a little more normal after the holidays.

My current understanding is that I've got some 600MHz bandwidth capability available. If that bandwidth is ok, I may have gotten a heckuva good deal on this set. I believe I paid $295. for the package.

Archived