X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried 6-driver IEM buds yet?

Looking at ordering some IEM buds that I'll use with a hard-wired system.

Leaning seriously towards 1964 Ears as I want the soft tips and adjustable ambient port.

Wondered if the V6 models with 6 drivers was worth the extra $125 over the Quad drivers?

Snake oil or ?

"We Have Met the Enemy and He is Us" - Walt Kelly​

Comment

Snake oil.
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2"><b>&quot;Understanding that sentence meant he wasn't much of a chess player.&quot;</b></font><b> - <i>Abzurd</i><br />
      <br />
      <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2377395" target="_blank"> Winner of MYSTIC FX'S Most Metal Face, Early '09 Award</a></b><br />
      <br />
      <font size="1">Eden WT550B, D212XLT-4 times two, D210XLT, SKB US Roto Rack 4U, USA-made X2 XDS-Plus, Korg DT-7 tuner, Tobias Killer B5, Ibanez Prestige SR1005EFM, world-famous custom rack mounted CUP HOLDER! For my <b>BEER!</b></font></div>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan316
        View Post

Snake oil.

Can you explain why, please?

Thanks.

Comment

Just curious ... anybody have any experience with 1964 Ears products at all? Their web site (and the products displayed on it) looks pretty nice - and the prices seem to be pretty reasonable compared to many of the other IEM manufacturers. Anybody have experience (good or bad) with ordering from these folks?
          The SpaceNorman

www.facebook.com/SuperstarsOfRock
          www.souldoutrocks.com

Keyboards and Tone Generators: Yamaha CP300, Kronos 88, Roland AX Synth, Motif ES Rack
          Keyboard Rack: Samson SM10 Line Mixer, Motu MIDIExpressXT MIDI Interface, Shure PSM200 IEM system, M-Audio Wireless MIDI, Live Wires IEM ear buds, iPad wOnSong.
          Stage Amplification: Stereo via 2 Yamaha DSR112s

Comment

For live sound monitoring, 6 drivers IEM is overkill. 3 drivers are enough IMHO as usually they use 1 driver for low, 1 driver for mid and 1 driver for high. Unless you are a critical listener, more than 3 drivers are waste of money, for me anyway.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by voicemaster
              View Post

For live sound monitoring, 6 drivers IEM is overkill. 3 drivers are enough IMHO as usually they use 1 driver for low, 1 driver for mid and 1 driver for high. Unless you are a critical listener, more than 3 drivers are waste of money, for me anyway.

Speculation or actual experience?

Besides, they have a $50 Glitter option! How could that be bad?
              I love to sing, and I love to drink scotch. Most people would rather hear me drink scotch.

Comment

It is not the how many drivers you have in an IEM that makes one sounds good. It is how they tuned the driver that makes a good sounding IEM.

Comment

Working...
                X