A Thank You

• Members

Thanks, to all of you who take the time to help those of us with questions. I know I wouldn't be as far along, without your help. You, taking the time to answer my questions--and those of others--have helped me and my band tremendously. I'm getting compliments from club owners and from patrons on how good the band sounds. I don't know if I could have done it without you. smile.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by agedhorse View Post
It's a lot easier and more fun when you learn how this stuff works eh? wink.gif
I actually much prefer to ask questions about gear that I have already made up my mind about in the hopes that you will all validate my choices even though you know that I have a ton of erroneous preconceptions about the {censored}ty gear I only think is good because I have bought into a load of marketing hype. Then I really like to argue about it when you don't tell me what I want to hear.

But, hey, that's just me. tongue.gif

• Members
It's a lot easier and more fun when you learn how this stuff works eh? wink.gif
I actually much prefer to ask questions about gear that I have already made up my mind about in the hopes that you will all validate my choices even though you know that I have a ton of erroneous preconceptions about the {censored}ty gear I only think is good because I have bought into a load of marketing hype. Then I really like to argue about it when you don't tell me what I want to hear.

But, hey, that's just me. tongue.gif

• Members

I feel I must offer my thanks as well. Much of my current knowledge was gained through years of trial & error (including many mistakes). Of course I've had books and the guidance of many friend in the industry who didn't mind answering studid questions (there really is no such thing ;-). I now feel I have a place where I can present an idea or ask about a particular issue and get opinions based on MANY peoples experiances. Most of whom I have great respect for. I try to return this in kind when possible. Sorry I'm sort of a moody cus and sometimes get frustrated with the paper pushers that run out world. Here I find engineering expertise. This I like very much. Do you remember when the most popular degree to get was one in engineering, not business administration?. I hope to see a future world where this once again becomes the case. Where competency is rewarded and there is a climate of the free sharing of ideas. This forum is a small pocket of that world (sometimes it even keeps me sane........Naaaaa :-).

FWIW I have found the answers (thankfuly put in a form which my limited brain cells can absorb) to many questions that I have had for years. This forum has DEFINITLY made me a better operating engineer.

Thanks again to everyone

• Members

I use this forum to understand how people are using (and abusing) newer technology which helps in developing new products that are more user-proof. Without seeing how people misunderstand technology that I might assume is simple and foolproof, it would be easy to develop more technology full of the same oversights.

I also like seeing how the successful folks here approach some of the same questions as scenarios. It can be eye opening and educational, especially on equipment that I am not completely current on.

• Members
I use this forum to understand how people are using (and abusing) newer technology which helps in developing new products that are more user-proof. Without seeing how people misunderstand technology that I might assume is simple and foolproof, it would be easy to develop more technology full of the same oversights.

I also like seeing how the successful folks here approach some of the same questions as scenarios. It can be eye opening and educational, especially on equipment that I am not completely current on.
Let me know when you want to start work on the integrated RF shock collar wink.gif

• Members

OK the shock collar has got me thinking. Could you put a spl db threshold trigger (sort of like the anti-bark collars for dogs but more sophisticated) so that if someone gets too loud they get zapped? A monitor man's dream :-)

• CMS Author

Quote Originally Posted by ShizzelDizzel

View Post

Ditto. This forum is amazing..... More specifically the people of the trade offering their vast knowledge. Aged and Craig and countless others.

To be completely clear, I can't take credit for being in the trade....just a hobbyist who's also learned much from other here, used that knowledge, and am giving back whenever I can.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by JRBLE

View Post

OK the shock collar has got me thinking. Could you put a spl db threshold trigger (sort of like the anti-bark collars for dogs but more sophisticated) so that if someone gets too loud they get zapped? A monitor man's dream :-)

OK, it hurts to tell this story, but I will since you asked. Some years ago (my first marriage) my wife complained that I snored so loudly she could never sleep. We went to a garage sale and they had a box that said snore preventer so she bought it. That night she presented it to me. It was an armband that went high on your arm. The premise was that you wore it and if you snored loud enough, it would trigger a small zapper that was supposed to make you stop snoring. I reluctantly agreed to try it since anything is better than hearing your wife complain everyday (some of you guys know what I mean here.) Lights go out, all is quiet and I am falling off to sleep. Then...slap...zap...slap..zap. I jumped up and ripped it off. There sat my wife looking at me, and with the lights now on I see her smiling and clapping her hands loudly to trigger it. We aren't married anymore. And yes, you can have a certain SPL trigger the shock collar. But they won't like you anymore.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Axisplayer View Post
OK, it hurts to tell this story, but I will since you asked. Some years ago (my first marriage) my wife complained that I snored so loudly she could never sleep. We went to a garage sale and they had a box that said snore preventer so she bought it. That night she presented it to me. It was an armband that went high on your arm. The premise was that you wore it and if you snored loud enough, it would trigger a small zapper that was supposed to make you stop snoring. I reluctantly agreed to try it since anything is better than hearing your wife complain everyday (some of you guys know what I mean here.) Lights go out, all is quiet and I am falling off to sleep. Then...slap...zap...slap..zap. I jumped up and ripped it off. There sat my wife looking at me, and with the lights now on I see her smiling and clapping her hands loudly to trigger it. We aren't married anymore. And yes, you can have a certain SPL trigger the shock collar. But they won't like you anymore.
Clap on, clap off, The Clapper...

the-clapper.jpg

Archived