X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Thank You

Thanks, to all of you who take the time to help those of us with questions. I know I wouldn't be as far along, without your help. You, taking the time to answer my questions--and those of others--have helped me and my band tremendously. I'm getting compliments from club owners and from patrons on how good the band sounds. I don't know if I could have done it without you.

It's a lot easier and more fun when you learn how this stuff works eh?

Comment

Comment

You all help us to buy less and cry less.

Comment

You all help us to buy less and cry less.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by agedhorse
            View Post

I actually much prefer to ask questions about gear that I have already made up my mind about in the hopes that you will all validate my choices even though you know that I have a ton of erroneous preconceptions about the ****************ty gear I only think is good because I have bought into a load of marketing hype. Then I really like to argue about it when you don't tell me what I want to hear.

But, hey, that's just me.

Comment

View Post

I actually much prefer to ask questions about gear that I have already made up my mind about in the hopes that you will all validate my choices even though you know that I have a ton of erroneous preconceptions about the ****************ty gear I only think is good because I have bought into a load of marketing hype. Then I really like to argue about it when you don't tell me what I want to hear.

But, hey, that's just me.

Comment

I second the OP on this one - you guys are great and your help is much appreciated.

Brian V.
                "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Comment

I second the OP on this one - you guys are great and your help is much appreciated.

Brian V.
                  "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Comment

I feel I must offer my thanks as well. Much of my current knowledge was gained through years of trial & error (including many mistakes). Of course I've had books and the guidance of many friend in the industry who didn't mind answering studid questions (there really is no such thing ;-). I now feel I have a place where I can present an idea or ask about a particular issue and get opinions based on MANY peoples experiances. Most of whom I have great respect for. I try to return this in kind when possible. Sorry I'm sort of a moody cus and sometimes get frustrated with the paper pushers that run out world. Here I find engineering expertise. This I like very much. Do you remember when the most popular degree to get was one in engineering, not business administration?. I hope to see a future world where this once again becomes the case. Where competency is rewarded and there is a climate of the free sharing of ideas. This forum is a small pocket of that world (sometimes it even keeps me sane........Naaaaa :-).

FWIW I have found the answers (thankfuly put in a form which my limited brain cells can absorb) to many questions that I have had for years. This forum has DEFINITLY made me a better operating engineer.

Thanks again to everyone
                    J.R. Previously jrble

See my Dog Of The Hair studio at: http://www.dogoth.com/studio/

Quote from someone: Flat response? Get out the jack and change the tire.
                    If you think "power is knowledge", you have it backwards.

Comment

Ditto. This forum is amazing..... More specifically the people of the trade offering their vast knowledge. Aged and Craig and countless others.
                      <div class="signaturecontainer"><u>SPAM:</u><br />
                      Vox Satchurator $75<br />
                      Rocktron MidiXchange $75</div>

Comment

I use this forum to understand how people are using (and abusing) newer technology which helps in developing new products that are more user-proof. Without seeing how people misunderstand technology that I might assume is simple and foolproof, it would be easy to develop more technology full of the same oversights.

I also like seeing how the successful folks here approach some of the same questions as scenarios. It can be eye opening and educational, especially on equipment that I am not completely current on.

Comment

View Post

I use this forum to understand how people are using (and abusing) newer technology which helps in developing new products that are more user-proof. Without seeing how people misunderstand technology that I might assume is simple and foolproof, it would be easy to develop more technology full of the same oversights.

I also like seeing how the successful folks here approach some of the same questions as scenarios. It can be eye opening and educational, especially on equipment that I am not completely current on.

Let me know when you want to start work on the integrated RF shock collar
                          With Greater Knowledge Comes Greater Understanding

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by OneEng
                            View Post

Let me know when you want to start work on the integrated RF shock collar

push the button Max... more... more... more

Comment

I just wish some of you were closer (Colorado) so that I could learn some of this hands on.

Comment

Working...
                              X