Our American Legion needs a battery powered speaker for use at cemetaries

• Members

I looked around and found the Alesis Transactive Mobile, a Samson powered speaker with a built in wireless mic, and the Roland BA-330. Sweetwater also has a couple of things from MiPro but they're quite a bit more expensive than the others. The guys told me they'd be using this for speech. When I asked about budget they said they weren't sure, but I'm positive they are willing to spend enough so they won't have to worry about this again.

Any suggestions?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by stevemaude2

View Post

Consider using a battery and an inverter, then you can use any of the powered speakers with the features you need.

I mentioned that option but they didn't seem too keen on the idea. If there are no viable battery powered options we're going to have to go that route...I'm just hoping we don't have to.

• Members

Anchor Audio- purpose built (not adapted) for scenarios like this.

http://www.anchoraudiohome.com/index.php?id=205

Explorer Pro is probably the product your looking for. Give them a call and let them help you spec a system for your needs. You can get it set up with a wireless mic system built in, so that all you need to do is put it on a speaker tree, turn it on and grab the wireless mic. No external power needed.

• Members

Agreed. Expensive but the right tool for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by trevcda View Post

Explorer Pro is probably the product your looking for. Give them a call and let them help you spec a system for your needs. You can get it set up with a wireless mic system built in, so that all you need to do is put it on a speaker tree, turn it on and grab the wireless mic. No external power needed.

• Members

Yup. Anchor owns this market. Definitely not audiophile, but vocal clarity is good and it's durable gear.

• Members

Yup. Anchor owns this market. Definitely not audiophile, but vocal clarity is good and it's durable gear.

• Members

Thanks for the replies. I can't imagine this being used for more than 50 people (any more than that and I think they'd make some special arrangements.)

The more I think about this, I'm going to try to steer them away from anything wireless so they won't have to worry about batteries or reception problems (the goal is to eliminate any possible distractions during the services.)

I am a little concerned about the cost of the Anchor Audio system. I'm going to their fish fry this Friday and should be able to pin down their expectations and budget.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by WGH View Post
Thanks for the replies. I can't imagine this being used for more than 50 people (any more than that and I think they'd make some special arrangements.)

The more I think about this, I'm going to try to steer them away from anything wireless so they won't have to worry about batteries or reception problems (the goal is to eliminate any possible distractions during the services.)

I am a little concerned about the cost of the Anchor Audio system. I'm going to their fish fry this Friday and should be able to pin down their expectations and budget.
Oh - NOW you went and did it. You said - "budget".

Archived