X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub output

Will 1 properly powered EV QRX out perform 2 Yorkville LS808 in terms of volume and throw?  I know it goes lower.

Might check out Danley TH line of subs if your needed a heavy hitting sub that can go low.

http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/products/subwoofers/tapped-horns/

Comment

It would not be a huge difference in either direction IMHO.

It may sound better depending on your taste

With Greater Knowledge Comes Greater Understanding

Comment

According to the specs, they should have roughly the same output, but the QrX should go a bit lower (39Hz/-3dB vs 45Hz/-3dB for the 808's.

The QrX has higher power handling, but lower sensitivity (102dB/1w/1m vs 105dB/1w/1m)

Veni, Vidi, Velcro;

(I came, I saw, I stuck around)

Comment

• Bobby1Note
          Bobby1Note commented
          Editing a comment

Keep in mind that those specs I gave you are for a single 808, vs the 2x18 QrX. A pair of 808's will probably go a few dB's lower than the 45Hz of a single 808, plus a few more dB's of output for doubling of surface area. If I'm not mistaken, they're both rated at roughly 136dB continuous, with a peak of 141dB for the QrX vs 139dB for a single 808.

QRX 218 is 150lbs. 808's are horn loaded so they should be louder per watt. I would not want to haul either up a flight of stairs. Spl levels are not always measured in the same way so take manufactures ratings with a grain of salt.

What is the application ?
        <div class="signaturecontainer">The wheel is an extension of the foot</div>

Comment

• troyr_2000
          troyr_2000 commented
          Editing a comment

Cover band, playing the standard rock with some rockin country and pop thrown in.  

Working...
      X