Unsuckify the new forums :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's really smoking fast on my system. Wow, faster than most forums actually.

I would like to know how to:

1. display threads with newest post cat the top

2. make the individual forums easier to find

3. Make ads smaller... on an i-device with older eyes it's a bit tough to read the "important stuff".

• Members

agedhorse wrote:

It's really smoking fast on my system. Wow, faster than most forums actually.

I would like to know how to:

1. display threads with newest post cat the top

I think I saw that in "settings" somewhere

2. make the individual forums easier to find

3. Make ads smaller... on an i-device with older eyes it's a bit tough to read the "important stuff".

AdBlock should be available on the iDevice too? I'm super happy with what it cut out in the Chrome browser on my PC laptop
:)

• CMS Author

Sorry Andy, no idea, first I've seen of this. This was another **bleep** up migration. Mods were *apparently* supposed to get emails for training. I'm no longer a mod here as far as I can tell, and of course get no response for Anderton or O'Keefe. I couldn't access the old page all last week and therefore learned of the migration yesterday afternoon.

Is this any way to run an airline? ....It's the only way they know.

• Members

BillESC wrote:

Where do I find my adblock filters.  Just downloaded Chrome.

Towards the upper right is an icon that looks like three horizontal lines - that's "menu". Pick "settings", then on the left pick "extentions", then "Get more extentions", then search for "adblock", choose the one named just that (should be first). Once installed it will appear to the left of the three lines and if you right click on that and choose "options" and "customize" you can "edit" the filters and add:

www.harmonycentral.com##DIV[class="hc-header-ad]

www.harmonycentral.com##DIV[class="hc-announcements-welcome]

www.harmonycentral.com##DIV[class="lia-panel lia-panel-standard StringDisplayTaplet Chrome lia-component-common-widget-announcement]

• Members

A bit of a learning curve but not so bad.   The DDOS attack performance from the last forum was really quite terrible and

and actually in a pro information technology setting peoples heads would have been rolling because of the bush league

performance.

Mabye a bit of tweaking here and there and this will work out just fine.

:)

• Members

Yea! It's back and running. So far so good - time will tell.

I agree there's a bit of a learning curve (where's the PM link?), and I still haven's found quotes or multi quotes but hey - I've only bren here for 3 minutes.

Loads fast - seems smooth. Again I guess time will tell.

Cheer

• Members

Hey Al, B1N was just wondering where you got to (in another thread). The same thing almost happened to me, but I lucked out and I was able to get back into my email. 

Bob had a similar experience and RR and CraigV helped him out.

See "I made it" thread.

Archived