Good Bag For Several Mic Stands?

• Members

Hey folks! I have a couple of nice K&M stands (one short and one tall) which are brand new, and old (beat to **bleep**) On Stage Stand, and some generic short stand. I noticed that my brand new K&M stands have a couple of dings on them already from travel, so I want to get a bag of some sort to protect them. I saw this on Amazon, but it looks like it is meant for music stands and not mic stands. Would it work? Or am I better off with something else.

www.amazon.com/Bag-Rainbow-Stands-KC/dp/B000NUYAI0/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3FXS4WT7Z5CM1&coliid=I3RS4BCHHYOLOR

• Members

The link's not working. (for me)

I've got a bunch of heavy-duty bags for speaker-stands,, light stands, and mic stands. You don't want bags that are meant for taller items (like speaker stands, light-tree stands), because the mic stands will shift around inside the bag. Mine have shoulder-straps as well as handles, and full-length zippers. I don't recall what I paid, but I'm glad I got them.

You don't want bags that are too big, otherwise, they're a **bleep** to carry. In that situation, you're better off with a case that has wheels on one end. For larger gigs, you need a road-case with casters..

• Members

I have the On Stage brand, from Guitar Center.  It's working very well, so far.  It seems like a well made bag.  Two friends of mine have had the same bag for years. One of them gets used very frequently.  No issues that I've heard of.

I carry six stands in it, without problem.  They are the tripod type; not the weighted base style.

Archived