Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taming high and mid frequencies

Hi guys, my rehearsal studio has plenty rockwool panels (2'x4'x4"). So far so good except that my live vocals I have to set mid and high eq knob to 9oclock, if not it will feedback.

Im thinking I could get acoustic foam , cut them and place them on top of the existing panels. So in result the panels will be 2" foam and 4" rockwool.

Do you guys think it will work?

Thanks in advance

9oclock I mean from zero to 25%. Hope I make sense

Comment

What does your system consist of? Mics, speakers, etc
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/Fender Musical Instruments Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

• twostone
        twostone commented
        Editing a comment

Might look into mid/high diffusers for taming the mid/highs but cheapest solution is to turn down along with speaker and mic placement can do wonders for feedback elimination and doesn't cost any thing.

Also might use a 31 band EQ on the channel strip insert with a Y insert cable  to notch out the offending FB frequencies if your using the main outs on your mixer for the speakers.

GIGO

Not enough information

Tell the guys to bring their volume down for rehearsal

Give the guys here more in depth information on the system your using for rehearsals

Comment

• Tomm Williams
        Tomm Williams commented
        Editing a comment
        Your problem could possibly be corrected by simply changing the relationship of your mic to the speakers. Best of all....it's free.

Working...
    X