No announcement yet.

"Stupid stories!"

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by agedhorse View Post
    Then there's text errors in the docs. Read how they describe the feature in each section.

Dumb... IMO of course.
    Oh, I read it a few times. However, that was after the guy brought the stuff to a gig planning on using it and we got no sound from the amps 30 minutes before start time. We ended up using 2 of the powered monitors as the mains. Luckily it was very low key gig at a restaurant.

Comment

• I was hired at the last minute to work sound at a small local venue. Was chatting with the band as they were loading in as I had no idea what kind of music I was dealing with. Got the usual info - inputs, mics, etc.

Me: So, tell me about your style; how do you like to sound out front?
      Lead screamer: Very loud and very drunk.
      Me: You got it.

They were true to form, but actually sounded decent. Wound up having to mix with my ear protection from the gun range as the overall volume was just stupid in the small venue. We're talking 2 half stacks and an Ampeg 8x10 for an audience of 30-40 or so folks. The good news is that the much quieter main act sounded fabulous by comparison.
      Chief fader ape, wire monkey, mic macaque, and speaker chimp.

Comment

• Originally posted by dedmeet View Post
        They were true to form, but actually sounded decent. Wound up having to mix with my ear protection from the gun range as the overall volume was just stupid in the small venue. We're talking 2 half stacks and an Ampeg 8x10 for an audience of 30-40 or so folks. The good news is that the much quieter main act sounded fabulous by comparison.
        Speaking of loud, a buddy of mine saw Slayer the other night in a 525-cap club. I'm still waiting to hear how loud it was. :-)

-Dan.
        Formerly known as: IsildursBane and DanBAP

Comment

• On second thought, I think I'll hold off on adding any new stories based on the censorship I see happening in OJ. I guess we're still G rated.

Terry D.
          Last edited by MrKnobs; 05-02-2015, 08:48 PM.
          Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrKnobs View Post
            On second thought, I think I'll hold off on adding any new stories based on the censorship I see happening in OJ. I guess we're still G rated.
            If you're still a Mod you could post something and see if you are immediately overwhelmed with a compulsion to ban yourself ?

Comment

• Like looking in the mirror and feeling the need to slap yourself?
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

• Well, this still exists! I think I'll reread it all. Hard to believe so many years have passed by.

I hope that all of you are alive and well, and that some of you are still posting here.

Terry D.
                Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

Comment

• Hey, look who's back!
                  Do daemons dream of electric sleep()?

Comment

• Something the cat dragged in?
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Comment

• Originally posted by agedhorse View Post
                      Something the cat dragged in?
                      It was a small cat so a very slow drag.

Terry D.

Comment

• About as slow as this forum???

Comment

Working...
                        X