No announcement yet.

"Stupid stories!"

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah baby, enjoy the feedom yet again

The 12 hour day is the new 8, it's like this pretty much everywhere. I really pitty the poor kids entering the job market these days, they are a dime a dozen and the employers know how to take advantage of it.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

• Yeah baby, enjoy the feedom yet again

The 12 hour day is the new 8, it's like this pretty much everywhere. I really pitty the poor kids entering the job market these days, they are a dime a dozen and the employers know how to take advantage of it.

But as stated, karma's a bitch. The market will improve eventually. Then all you'll see are news reports about how difficult it is to find good help...
      "If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else" - Yogi Berra, 1925-2015

Comment

• AJ6stringsting
        AJ6stringsting commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like Guitar Center .....

• But as stated, karma's a bitch. The market will improve eventually. Then all you'll see are news reports about how difficult it is to find good help...

Point well taken!
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Comment

• MrKnobs
        MrKnobs commented
        Editing a comment

Well this is still here.

Updating the links in my sig.

Terry D.

• Someone asked where the stupid stories thread is, so *bump*

Terry D.
      Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

Comment

• Hey Terry - was hoping for another story, you got my hopes up man

Comment

• Originally posted by agedhorse View Post
          Hey Terry - was hoping for another story, you got my hopes up man
          Gonna do that too! Need to reestablish the linkage first, and see if this thread gets deleted by cyber nannies!

Terry D.

Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

Comment

• Good God I hope not... it's some of the best stuff on the forum. Some of those kids might just benefit from reading it too...

Comment

• I was laughing so hard from the stories, that I felt like a soccer team was kicking me in the gut for an hour ......

Back in the 1980's, I rigged a wah wah pedal to blow some gun powder up from a dummy cab I had in my stacks. I'd do my Yngwie / guitar masturbation solo, step on the pedal, a charge would go through the wire and kaboom !, after my solo spot.
              One of the guys who set up the gear, was right in front of the rig cabs ( everyone was warned about it), he decides to stand in front of the cab, I couldn't see him because my back was to him. when I heard the kaboom, it was silent, I thought , "Wow, they loved it". I turn around and my buddy was smoking, he looked like Wille E. Coyote, after opening up a bad acme box .... the place was silent, while he said, "I think I'm on fire", luckily, he was not seriously hurt, just ringing ears, burnt hair and smelling like rotten eggs for a couple of days.
              Last edited by AJ6stringsting; 04-25-2015, 11:44 PM.
              How many guitarists does it take to screw in a lightbulb ? Five , one to screw it in , hit the switch and four to sit around bragging how much better they could have done it !!!! 😱👹😲

Comment

• ^ Woo !

Comment

• Something I ran into that I think is stupid. On Carvin powered mixers the insert for the internal amps are backwards of normal. Ring send/tip return. But the channel inserts are normal. I just think that's a stupid design.

But for a stupid story.... A friend of mine drove home almost 15 miles at 4am after a gig with the back door of his gear trailer down and dragging. LOL. He got very lucky in that nothing fell out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crownman View Post
                    Something I ran into that I think is stupid. On Carvin powered mixers the insert for the internal amps are backwards of normal. Ring send/tip return. But the channel inserts are normal. I just think that's a stupid design.
                    No way, really???
                    Last edited by agedhorse; 04-28-2015, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• It is on the one I had to deal with the other day. Check out the PDF

http://www.carvinservice.com/crg/man...p-online_2.pdf

Comment

• Looks like a documentation error, both are described in the text as ring send, top return but the block diagram shows the channel insert reversed.

Would be pretty dumb otherwise IMO.

Comment

• Verified it with some cables. The guy that owns the mixer swapped the male and female xlr ends on his insert cables and it works on the amp insert but not on the channel insert.

Comment

• Then there's text errors in the docs. Read how they describe the feature in each section.

Dumb... IMO of course.

Comment

Working...
                            X