"Stupid stories!"

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G Hard V
    LOL, yep, thats Sandy!

What band were you with at the Horse? Who do you play with now?
    Mike

Comment

• The soundguy was toying around a bit with our openers last night... we brought a band from our hometown that hadn't played out ever... first show. The singer goes up to soundcheck and cups the hell out of the mic.

"Stop cupping the mic."

"What?"

"You're cupping the mic."

"What do you mean?"

"Okay, hell with it, cup the mic."

Throughout the show I'd keep hearing "You're cupping the mic again, aren't you?" through the monitors, very faintly (I was standing beside the stage since they were using my bass rig and unfamiliar with it).
      How about a mother****************ing crocodile pit instead of those titty ****************s !

Last edited by Jazz Ad on 06-20-2004 at 098 PM

Comment

• bump
        Originally posted by Crypticscott
        many people argue that Nirvana was an influential band that shaped modern rock.

I think they suck.

Comment

• Ok I'll try one. We do this club called The Hilltop Inn. Every single time we play there, this kid that is a Mongoloid or has Downs Syndrome or something comes out to see the band. He wants to help us set up and hang out. OK, I'm cool with that. Besides that, the dude can dance his ass off. I swear, he dances with every girl in the place. At one point, while we were playing, he motioned to me that he wanted to play the drums. I just shook my head no. Anyway, at another point, he decides that he wants to be a singer too and so he jumps up on stage in front of the bass player's mic. I, discreetly, motion to the sound guy to kill the channel for the mic that the slow kid had decided to hold hostage. He killed the channel but the slow kid had no clue that the channel was dumped and now he's singin' some song at the top of his lungs but it wasn't even the same song that we were doing. I have no idea what was going on but I looked back at the drummer and there were tears comming out of his eyes. He was laughing so damed hard that I don't know how he was playing. The slow dude kicked it with the bass player's mic for 45 straight minutes. At this pont, I'm trying to tune him out. I started getting into what we we're doing because we really had the crowd going. So, I jumped into the crowd and was playing guitar and dancing with some lovely ladies but I left my mic unguarded.............yep you guessed it. He stole my $500 Shure wireless mic and took off into the crowd too like Mick Jagger. It took me 15 mintes to get it back and I'm a lead singer. Thank God I wasn't singing on that particular tune. Lesson well learned. When the slow kid's around..............guard your mic like a hound. LOL. So, now I put it in my pocket if I'm leaving the stage at the Hilltop. It keeps it safe and it gives the ladies something to look at also. I attached a picture of him and our bass player for your viewing enjoyment.
          "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
          - Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Believe it or not, the name of our band is YOUR MOM. Click here to check us out.

Comment

• LOL! Dude, that's funny. At least everybody's cool about it.

-Dan.
            Well, I've been to one world fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones.

Comment

• I have a friend who's "developmentally challenged." His watch runs a little slower than yours or mine, yet he uses every watt of power he can generate (sorry for the mixed metaphor). He's a little light on social skills, yet is kind, gentle, a whiz at Diesel mechanics and basic electronics and loves steam trains, and can be surprisingly witty. He can also occasinally be annoying, but he is such a fine human being that I am proud to count him among my friends.

Love ya, Bob.
              Qualis vir, talis oratio?

--Phil

Comment

• A non-denominational "amen" to bassknave - my son is autistic and while his brain is bright (much brighter than most of us - his IQ is over 220) you have a hard time telling because his social and speech issues cloud his ability to communicate. I started thinking that his autism was a defect when he was diagnosed - but because we did an intensive therapy program for him since he was 2, he is now mainstreamed in a normal 3rd grade class with kids he can actually call his friends. He also has special gifts - an incredible artist, has perfect pitch, and unlike the suckass singer bass player in my band, can remember every lyric and melody he has ever heard. He is playing bass at the age of 8 and will soon be teaching dad a thing or two. Bottom line: dont judge a book by its cover. And remember: it could be you or I who is in that situation looking out at the rest of us....
                Just call me Es'Jo'
                HCGB Agent #108

That's what I like about you, Es'Jo'...ya got taste! -Daddymack

Comment

• I'm not saying that I have a problem with develpomentally challanged people. After reading my post, I can see how it could have been taken that way. Actually, we do a ton of charity work. Special Olympics is one of the charities. I never had a bouncer take him off stage, never discouraged him from singing and never once told him that he had to stop. I just found it comical that he took off into the crowd with my mic. I had to try to tune him out because he sang so loud that he was actually louder than the stage mix. That's why the drummer was laughing so hard. When someone's singing a different tune in your ear.........it's a little distracting but I'm ok with that. We're back there again this Saturday and I guarantee that our 4 piece band turns in to a 5 piece band again but it's all good with me. John, I'm glad to see that your son is doing well.

Believe it or not, the name of our band is YOUR MOM. Click here to check us out.

Comment

• Tommy - didnt mean to imply you were dissing the "developmentally challenged" at all. You seem to have your priorities in the right place and I would have reacted the same way. Tolerance is a practiced art and it appears from your story (which I did get a chuckle out of - I can picture it!) that you have had plenty of practice! Its a "by the grace of God" issue - glad its not me, but if it were, there's plenty of positives to go with the negatives. Keep on keepin' on...
                    Just call me Es'Jo'
                    HCGB Agent #108

Comment

• Tommy--no offense taken here, either. Bob is a Downs child (can't think of a better term) of about 42--what I really meant to say was that while I am pleased to count him among my friends, I am also proud that he counts me among his.
                      Qualis vir, talis oratio?

--Phil

Comment

• Originally posted by ES-135_John
                        A non-denominational "amen" to bassknave - my son is autistic and while his brain is bright (much brighter than most of us - his IQ is over 220) you have a hard time telling because his social and speech issues cloud his ability to communicate. I started thinking that his autism was a defect when he was diagnosed - but because we did an intensive therapy program for him since he was 2, he is now mainstreamed in a normal 3rd grade class with kids he can actually call his friends. He also has special gifts - an incredible artist, has perfect pitch, and unlike the suckass singer bass player in my band, can remember every lyric and melody he has ever heard. He is playing bass at the age of 8 and will soon be teaching dad a thing or two. Bottom line: dont judge a book by its cover. And remember: it could be you or I who is in that situation looking out at the rest of us....

Have you taught him how to play blackjack yet?

-Dan.
                        Well, I've been to one world fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones.

Comment

• Ha! He is good at card counting and seems to be able to beat the rest of us at card games he is just learning how to play. Perhaps he can finance his own college education that way? Seems like a trip to see the ponies is in order as well!

Its an amazing opportunity to see the world through different glasses - he is acutely focused on what he is doing at a given time, but luckily joins our world for most of his day. Here's some of his art - yes - I know its off topic, but maybe you can use it for the next album cover? Not bad for 8 years old!
                          Just call me Es'Jo'
                          HCGB Agent #108

Comment

• As far as having my priorities in order........I'd like to think so but who knows? Someday it all may change but as of right now, I believe in Karma. I try to do good for people and make them smile. Music is a very powerful tool for that. That's probably the biggest reason why I do it. I read your post and then I read my post. I thought about being in your shoes. I was like........damn, I may have unintentionally offended someone here. I never meant any harm to anyone. Thanks for understanding, guys.

Comment

• MrKnobs, please save this thread and tell us another one of your stories!
                              Originally posted by Crypticscott
                              many people argue that Nirvana was an influential band that shaped modern rock.

I think they suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATOMICDOG1
                                G Hard V
                                LOL, yep, thats Sandy!

What band were you with at the Horse? Who do you play with now?

Right now I am playing in B-Line. We are using a fill-in drummer for our next coupla gigs (our last drummer was stolen away by a high-buck cover gig when we were on hiatus due to the bass player breaking his wrist). Playing this Saturday at the Kitty Cat Klub in Dinkytown. Then the next week at the Turf Club on Thurs, July 3.

Back at the Horse? Lotta beers ago, but here's a partial list:

Romeo Blue
                                Sunset Strip
                                Shock Theatre
                                Angel Eyes
                                The Keep
                                Nasty Habit
                                Radial Flyer
                                Arcasm
                                I may be immature, but I sure have a lot of fun.

check out my band:

Capital Sons

Come visit Minneapolis! More bands and live venues per capita than NY or LA. Great studios, cheap rent, wide variety of good ethnic food,

and The Current 89.3 FM is the best radio station on earth.

Comment

Working...
                                X