Storing speakers?

• Members

I've got a pair of EV 115ELXP speakers that have seen light use over the last 12 - 18 months. However, it looks like they won't be seeing any use for the foreseeable future. :smileysad:

Is there a preferred way to store them until I fire them up again?

Right now they're in my finished basement. Temperature and humidity controlled. I can't think of anything else to do with them beside maybe box them up with silica packs for moisture.

Any thoughts/suggestions to maintain their useful life?

• Members

How long, exactly?

I'm thinking maybe sell them, or rent them out in the meantime. Ideally you want them to keep making you money. I'm sure there's local bands or whatever that would happily rent them off you for a decent rate.

I have a pile of gear that I keep forgetting that I own because it's always rented out.

• Members

Mogwix wrote:

How long, exactly?

I'm thinking maybe sell them, or rent them out in the meantime. Ideally you want them to keep making you money. I'm sure there's local bands or whatever that would happily rent them off you for a decent rate.

I dunno. I suppose if I'm not using them in a year or two that I'd look to sell them. I hadn't thought about renting them out. They'd make great monitors. Although I wouldn't expect to get them back in usable condition.

Archived