Yorky Elite Subwoofer

• Members

I found a pair of Yorkville Elite Subs in my area selling used for a great price. Seller says they're about 5 yrs old, but they look a little older - the jack plate says:

"Elite Subwoofer 600

Professional Sound Reinforcement Loudspeaker System

Manufactured by: Yorkville Sound, LTD Toronto Canada"

They have a circuit breaker, XLR in, and 1/4" out jacks on the jack plate.

Rated for 600W program, 8 ohms.

And have "elite" across the bottom of the front grill in teal blue.

They're 2 single driver cabinets - can't be sure from the pic if they're 15's or 18's.

What can you guys tell me about these? I should be jumping on them for $150/pair, provided that they work, right?

• Members

ABSOLUTELY

Hey, now I know what the "ES" stood for in the old naming scheme "Elite Sub-woofer". So the model is likely the ES600. Couldn't find a thing on them, but....

- The 600 likely refers to the program rating of the driver. That's a decent driver, especially for $75 a box.

- Being the Elite Series they are almost assuredly "real wood" boxes and likely birch, although some were made with some other wood. As mentioned, even if the drivers are shot it's worth $75 for the unloaded box.

• Members

Upon further investigation, they may be SW-600. Yorkville has changed the names of their product lines often. If this is the case they could be much older. The SW600 came out in 1985 as part of the original Elite line. 18" RCF driver (L18/851). 50Hz - 100 dB efficiency, 127 max SPL.

Tough to really know the age though as I don't know how long there were in production and if they were improved upon while carrying the same model name.

Saw a pair for sale for $600

Also found a pic

CON409000048865.JPG

• Members

I'm pretty sure I'll be buying them - as long as I can fit them in my car.

abzurd - I don't think that they're the SW600 model - at least not the one you pictured - the one's I'm considering have a flat (not trapezoidal) front grille and have "elite" printed across the bottom of the grill in big, obnoxious lettering - I'd actually prefer the tasteful little badge shown in your pic, but it's not really an issue. For $150/pair, they could be covered in pink polka dots and it would be fine with me.

• Members

ls608b.jpg

Well, the Yorkville LS608

600 Watt 18" Sub

Reg - $549

From AudioEast new.

I think that price is Each. So the answer is .... If you could just pick them up and ship them to me, I'll give ya the $150 plus shipping.

:thu:

• 6 years later...

Archived