Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BillESC
    started a topic Is the end near?

Is the end near?

http://thetoneking.com/wp/life-support-how-long-until-they-pull-the-plug-on-guitar-center/

• heath_eld
    replied
    Down here in Australia the Allans Billy Hyde music group collapsed last year with debts a lot smaller than that. Most of it got brought out by the second biggest music retailer in Australia and from everything they're releasing it seems to be back in the hands of music lovers. The original Billy Hyde store was brought out by the late Billy Hyde's son who sold it a few years ago - the store looks great, good gear and friendly sales people just like the old days.

Not sure about either groups prospects though. From talking to my musician friends, who actually buy pro gear, they either buy online, or they do what I do these days and buy at specialty pro stores (factory sound for example is a pro level audio store). Personally I dislike buying online but I like my stores to know their stock well.

Leave a comment:

• Vinny D
    replied
    I would hate to see anyone lose their job in todays economy, but I wouldn't shed a tear if GC closed up shop.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X