A&H GL-2400-32 channel mixer,,,,dynomite,,,,or dinosaur???

• Members

I've got a bruised forehead, from banging my head on my desk over this console.

Today, I went to visit my dealers' store for his annual inventory sale. He had what appeared to be a brand-new A&H GL-2400-32, in a rolling road-case w/dog-house, and twin 18" LED lamps. They were selling it in what they called a "silent auction". There's a bid-sheet attached to the mixer, and you enter your bid on that sheet. Bid-time was limited to two hours, and the highest bid takes it. Starting bid was $1000., and nobody had bid on it when I left the store. It may still be available.

That said, is there any market left for these analogue boards? It just seemed crazy that this console was going so cheap. It's in MINT condition,,,, looks brand spanking new. The case alone is worth $700., and the lights go for $120.ea.

I'm tempted to buy it, and sell the 24 channel GL-2400 that I bought last year, for a similar price.($1250.)

• Members

agedhorse wrote:

If it suits your needs it's a great board. If not, you can't give it away.

What a shame eh Andy? I love these consoles. Everything about them screams "quality". I'm still seeing them at $2500. new, with no case. This 32-ch.  board would probably be great for doing "battle-of-the-bands" type gigs..

• Members

I hear where you're comin' from,,,, believe me..... I am so divided over this, and that's why I'm taking a few days as a "cooling off" period. I've got to talk to some people.

I have a friend in the P/A dept. at Steve's Music in Montreal, and, I'll speak to a teacher/friend who works at the local high-school. I think they paid something like $2500 for a 24-channel Mackie Onyx a while back. If I can interest him in my 24-channel GL-2400, then I'd have a bit more confidence about proceeding with the 32-ch board.

I've also got to look into what the home-studio guys are doing. Maybe there's a market there. Those guys are doing all their processing "in the box" (computer)

• Members

Yeah, that's true Stratguy22, but here's the "deal"; the store sells me the package for $1k, plus, they finance it at 0% for 12 months. That's a helluva deal, and I'm not "out-of-pocket" for more than $96./mo. (after taxes)

I really haven't bought anything this year, other than another 8-channel analogue console(A&H MFXi-8), a few mics(Heil PR-35, EV PL80c, and an AKG D-5), and some headphones.(AKG 702's). That's it. Usually, I'm buying $5-6-7k of gear per year. For my own needs (acoustic gigs), I really don't need anything else, but if I decide to start-up the rental business, then I'll need a few more items. (such as a few TX9's/ amps)

This week for example, I'm off to city-hall, to see if there's a market for supplying street musicians during the summer music festivals. Some weeks, the city will have 5-6 duo's playing simultaneously at various sidewalk locations on main-street. Most of those guys are using 12" active boxes on stands. The city does that 3-4 weeks a year. I've already got four pairs of NX55P's, and I can get all the NX55P's and JBL PRX 612's I want, for $499 a pop. (used, w/90 day warranty)

• Members

StratGuy22 wrote:

I have a pair of LS200p's I've never used, and a Randall 410 "approved by Dimebag Darrell I've never used either"
maybe flip them some day.

Maybe not.

;)

That's one of those things where the day after you sell 'em,,,,, you've suddenly got a need for them.

I think I'm a hoarder;,,,not much of a seller.

Here's the cruncher; somewhere, wayyyyy back in the corner of my mind,,,,, I hear this teeeesny tiny voice saying "Pssttt!! Hey Bob,,,, go buy those Nexo boxes you were trying out the other day.. You know you waaannnaaa" :smileyhappy:

• Members

Lol yeah. I bought them to either center cluster at this one venue with stairs. The LS800p's were no fun up and down stairs. That was one of the reasons for the 16.0.2 smaller gigs and gigs with stairs.

I've thought about adding a LS200p and setting the drummers monitor on top for a little more bottom end for the drummer.

• Members

While it may be a dinosaur I still like that board. At that price I'd pick it up even if it sat around, I end up renting a 32 channel board around 4 times a year.Mine is only 24. Just knowing I could run downstairs and grab it would be worth the money. But to each their own.PS  there is no doubt that I could turn  it for a profit if need be.

• Members

Here's a couple for sale in Edmonton:

we Have a 32 ch and a 24 channel mixer for sale.....asking 1000 for 32ch...and 650 for the 24ch....they both come with heavy duty road cases and rack mount power supplies....

Allen & heath - model GL3300 SERIES

they are ready to rock

call or email for details and make an offer....they must go...

Archived